SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Threading belt thru pant loops and holster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Threading belt thru pant loops and holster Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I thread through the holster loop, through the belt loop then through the other holster loop. IMO it adds more stability.

Ditto, just wish more consistency in loop placement on my pants

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Also check out Nexbelt. I have their ratcheting nylon gun belt and it is excellent. Double layer with a low profile buckle that will not touch your belly.

Thanks for removing a Sea-note from my wallet...

Illigitimus non tatum carborundum
"in god we trust, every one else keep your hands where i can see them"

Posts: 115 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain... I am looking at getting a Nexbelt dress belt.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
How is the Nexbelt as far as rigidity? My normal belt is an Armour Belts 1.5" dress belt with the internal stiffener. Any idea how it compares?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
How is the Nexbelt as far as rigidity? My normal belt is an Armour Belts 1.5" dress belt with the internal stiffener. Any idea how it compares?

The Armour belt is several notches (all puns intended Wink ) above in both fit and function. That is not a knock against the other belt but a testament to Mike's product. Similar to a Galco holster compared to an Rgrizzle. Off the shelf vs custom hand crafted excellence.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^Thanks, that’s about what I expected. After having Armour Belts I’ve been spoiled, tried a few of these newer belts and have been disappointed in each. Sounds like this would be more of the same.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Nexbelt I wear is the double layer heavy nylon model and it is plenty stout. Not internal stiffener belt stout, but enough for me.
The only question remains for me is will it lose its support over time? We shall see.

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a 511 nylon belt with nylon buckle. They make single thickness and double thickness belts. I went to the wider belts years ago and it made a world of difference in my back. It hurt a lot less. The belts work fine at airport security, no metal. They hold up forever.

I always use all the belt loops, for inside the waistband or out.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I thread through the holster loop, through the belt loop then through the other holster loop. IMO it adds more stability.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Also check out Nexbelt. I have their ratcheting nylon gun belt and it is excellent. Double layer with a low profile buckle that will not touch your belly.

I am on m6 third nexbelt strap. They jus5 don’t last.

Posts: 6 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Interesting! What has been the problem with yours, so I can watch for it with mine?

posted Hide Post
They are synthetic and star to tear

Posts: 6 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an outside thumb break holster and thread the belt over the outside of the holster. Seems to keep it closer into the body.

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 686 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post