SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Hunt film on HBO Max
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Hunt film on HBO Max Login/Join 
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted
The premise is a take-off on "The Most Dangerous Game", with Progressives hunting supposed "Red-Necks." It's quite funny with great action set-pieces, and the star of the film Betty Gilpin, is awesome in it. Highly recommended.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched it last night too on HBOMax.
If it was the one that everyone (from the Right) was complaining about I didn't see that.
To me it was a good action packed Vigilante of sorts film.
I liked it and Betty Gilpin was very good and entertaining.
YMMV

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I watched it again last night. I saw it when it first came out on streaming last year. I enjoyed it more the second time around.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I actually did a review on this when it had its theatrical release. Covid was just becoming a "thing". The Hunt review

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I loved it and it pretty much took pot shots at everybody.

Much more a dark comedy then horror flick.

“Wait wait wait……no more glass”. That last fight was epic. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^I agree with all three points. And your sig line.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Watching now. Pretty brutal on elitist libs but really just taking some shots at everybody. I loved the gas station guy... "white people.... we're the worst."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
“Wait wait wait……no more glass”.

Yeah, that was pretty funny Smile

My wife and I watched this last night. She absolutely hated it--mainly for the unnecessary blood and gore. She does not like blood and gore. Personally, I think they could have done without the more graphic examples of that and had a better film.

My thoughts: I found the protagonist mildly fascinating. I also liked the several plot twists. (Though on near the beginning wasn't particularly surprising.) These were, IMO, the movie's only saving graces. The acting, overall, was pretty horrible. The premise was, of course, pretty unlikely, but I understand what they were doing, so I could go along with it.

I wouldn't watch it again. Not so much because I didn't like it, but because I simply didn't find it engaging enough to hold my interest a second time around.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it a while ago and it was a pretty good flick. I was surprised at how many other known actors made cameos in it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Lil' pig....

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following comment may contain spoilers.

I have watched it 4 times. When you watch it again you see little things that tell a bigger story.

For instance, under different circumstances Crystal and Athena could have been friends. They both liked Orwell and Beethoven, they both kept in fighting shape, and they shared a similar mental toughness that all the others (both elite and non-elite) lacked.

But politics makes people enemies. It was all Oliver's fault. We never learned what Crystal's politics were. She was too busy staying on task: To save herself.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post