SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lioness- Paramount Plus
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lioness- Paramount Plus Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I for one enjoyed the show until the weak ending. Kinda the reason why I started this thread.

Is the current season done? (I haven’t started it but is it a typical short 8 episode thing?). I ask because I prefer to wait to watch stuff once a full season or two are done.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah it’s done. It’s 8 episodes total.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, I for one enjoyed the show until the weak ending. Kinda the reason why I started this thread.

But, I guess I don’t get all the outrage about a show involving an all female unit actually being portrayed by females. I think I would be upset if it wasn’t. And couple that with the fact that I don’t have the need to find outrage in everything. Seems the life that some live must be exhausting.

Outrage... exhausting...??? Somebody says they don't care for the show, with a reason why, and that's outrage to you? Sounds like projection as living your ultra-sensitive life would be the exhausting bit.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

But, I guess I don’t get all the outrage about a show involving an all female unit actually being portrayed by females. I think I would be upset if it wasn’t. And couple that with the fact that I don’t have the need to find outrage in everything. Seems the life that some live must be exhausting.

Outrage... exhausting...??? Somebody says they don't care for the show, with a reason why, and that's outrage to you? Sounds like projection as living your ultra-sensitive life would be the exhausting bit.

I get reading is fundamental, but do try to keep up. Saying they don’t like the show has nothing to do with it, but I think you actually already know that. The whole anti-woke shadow conspiracy that seems to manifest itself in any thread is exactly what I’m talking about. Poor acting? That’s a reason not to like something. Poor character development? Another good reason. Because you object to a female centered cast because of whatever? On a show that’s supposed to be a female centered cast? Yeah, right, totally logical.

Nice try, thanks for playing.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

I get reading is fundamental, but do try to keep up. Saying they don’t like the show has nothing to do with it. The whole anti-woke shadow conspiracy that seems to manifest itself in any thread is exactly what I’m talking about.

And the proof in the pudding is the fact I comment on it, and I have to be shouted down as ultra sensitive” and projection nonsense.

That you feel you're being shouted down is evidence enough of how you either don't understand the meaning of words and phrases such as "outrage" or "shouted down" - or that you do and are exactly as described. What a world you live in.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don’t feel anything one way or the other. I read what you wrote just fine without putting an interpretation in it to suit my needs.

That is what likely separates you from I.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
You're either ignorant to what I and others wrote or you're being obtuse.

That I can see that and you can't is what separates us.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You forgot to say something bad about my mother.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
I'll leave the low-brow and snarky stuff to you. You're much better at it.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Ouch. Burn, you’re on a roll.

www.opspectraining.com

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I for one enjoyed the show until the weak ending.

But, I guess I don’t get all the outrage about a show involving an all female unit actually being portrayed by females.

I agree, we should try to concentrate on the primary premise if you can.

However, you have to accept (meaning it will always be there, but you don't have to agree, I DON'T) to a degree the constant BlackRock manipulation.
It is unfortunate that we are inundated now days with this grooming of society.

We all have our breaking point where we can't take anymore.
I don't think this particular program was extreme by any means.

I do get tired of seeing the same old forced depictions of race and gender with no regard to the story line.
If it gets bad enough, I just quit watching and sure I grumble and complain about a good program now ruined.

It is why I have started looking for slightly older shows where the manipulation was minimal or non-existent. Complaining on these threads is useless ~ save that for a "what's my deal thread". IMO.

All we can do is affect the program by viewership or lack of.
Sooner or later they will get the message, financially.

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, finally completed the last two episodes, took me a week to get back to it.

Overall I think it was good show, the overbearing girl-boss characters I think could be more directed at Nicole Kidman's character and the stick-in-the-ass women that sat next to Morgan Freeman's character. Kidman is just too damn severe, not only was her excessive botox a distraction, her overall bearing and character was simply an over-the-top ass. I get these positions are high-stress and that brings the worst out of some people but, that character I found just too rigid and forced. Salana's character I was ok with, while she was cold and unrelenting with Cruz, she struggled with leaving that person behind when dealing with her family. I would've found it more believable had she been an alcoholic or, was popping pills in secret. Physically she's not an operator, much too thin not enough muscle mass to carry it all and, she's not swimming with all that gear, even with fins

As for the lesbian-angle...I wasn't as bothered with it as I initially was. Hear me out, we all know women function at a different emotional & complexity level, and one of the advantages of having a female working in the clandestine field is the ability pull-apart and get into the emotions of your mark or, target or, patsy or, whomever you're working to undermine, particularly if its another women. Could they have not had that apart of the story, certainly however, I think in order to exacerbate the torment that Cruz was going through particularly being a rookie, they made her succumb to 'feelings', creating doubt and confusion. Which brings up another issue, if this is your most high value target in twenty-years, why are you utilizing a Lioness who's an absolute beginner at this? A neophyte in the high stakes of international assassination and espionage, that's the more implausible issue.

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post