SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ode to David Sanborn and Farewell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ode to David Sanborn and Farewell Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Sad to see one of my favorites on the sax depart us but such is life. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smschulz,

Posts: 23017 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Listened to a lot of Sanborn back in the day. Sad to see him go.

I always remember him playing with Clapton in the Lethal Weapons soundtracks

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12182 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well that’s too bad. I immediately thought of this one from the 70s. Sanborn adds immeasurably to the song and just soars in the second half of it. You’ll have to wait about 3 minutes for him to come in.

Posts: 13376 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I first became aware of him from David Letterman…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12368 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sanborns success was his sound. He had a number of successful collaborations, more than a dozen albums break into the Billboard 200, and won six Grammy awards — four of them in consecutive years during the mid-to-late '80s. Two of those winning albums — Straight to the Heart, a solo effort, and Double Vision, a collaboration with pianist Bob James — are cornerstones of the commercial genre often labeled contemporary jazz. Rest easy Saxman Wink

Posts: 13835 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
He is in a VID on you tube its Clapton doing Little Wing!! Clapton just stands there aghast so does Sheryl Crow.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2298 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38848 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Listened to a lot of Sanborn back in the day. Sad to see him go.

Same here. Double Vision was one of my first CDs. Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6457 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I tried to post the vid but FAILED... Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJbkFwjeGIo?si=IPH1DZpYmk2xAG0f" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2298 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Sad news for sure. Love smooth jazz and Dave was one of my favorites

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, where has the time flown? David Sanborn's name was one I guess I never pictured as old or aging. Then thinking back, I really haven't listened to any of his stuff since the mid 80s so I guess I just lost track...

RIP Mr. Sax Man

-MG

Posts: 2064 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post