SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Music of The Sopranos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Music of The Sopranos Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
HBO is airing the entire series in advance of the October 1st theatrical release of the prequel The Many Saints of Newark.

Here's a sampling of the excellent musical selections from the original series- indisputably one of the best series that's ever played on television.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Any thoughts on the quality of the prequel?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not a clue, except to say Thomas Wolfe was absolutely correct; you can't go home again.

posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
IMO, One of the best scores/music mixes of any TV show.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hands down, the best opening theme song made.
Woke Up This Morning (Chosen One) by Alabama 3.
Even better than Hawaii 5-0.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Great music for a great series.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
IMO, One of the best scores/music mixes of any TV show.

I agree. While the series was still going, I bought recordings of the music used in several seasons that were offered. Whoever (the Director?) decided which music was used for whichever scenes was a genius. So well done on so many levels. I can still envision certain scenes when I hear something playing that served as background.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From "Live Free or Die" episode when Vito's secret is outed.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
We are watching the DVDs again right now. We are in Season 6 Part 1.

One of the songs played at the end of one of the episodes in one of the previous seasons was the original of "Time Is On My Side", and it's not the Stones.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post