SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    the Band
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the Band Login/Join 
posted
Garth Hudson is now the last surviving member of the Band. He was the odest but has now survived Levon, Rick, Richard, and now Robbie. another of my favorites gone.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
RIP Robbie

An iconic group of my youth

Robbie did some production work with an organization called Playing for Change celebrating music and education world wide.

In 2019, they did a 50th anniversary edition of "The Weight". It is amazing with world artists. His son, Sebastian put it together.

Google "The Weight" and Playing for Change and you will find the utube video with Robbie and Ringo Star. It will become a favorite.

There also 2 Playing for Change videos, "the making of The Weight" parts 1 and 2 that tell the production story which is also worth watching.

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Along the same lines...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/5790016205

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In the band I play in, we cover The Weight. It seems to speak to many in the audience.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post