SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robbie Robertson has died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robbie Robertson has died Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
https://login.yahoo.com/?noPro...Fcatchall&src=ats-fp

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I bought his album in 1988 when it was released after hearing Showdown At Big Sky on WRAS 88.5 Atlanta.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My favorite song of his. I'm going to have to dig his CD out for my next shower and shave session.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure this wasn't a highlight of his career, but I remember this movie from 1980.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080500/

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope he and Levon make amends finally and be fully at peace

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
RIP Robbie! I bought their first album when it came out. Everyone else was doing protest or psychedelic music, and along comes The Band, with down-home southern lyrics & sound. And they were a big hit. The Weight is still one of my all time favorites.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that. They were an important band in rock history and he was probably the leader. I still can’t get over the fact that he, a Canadian, wrote “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.” AFAIK, all Leon Helm did was point him in the right direction for his research.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Last Waltz

I loved Robbie's presence in that movie. He was having fun and was on top of his game on guitar.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Roy Buchanan documentary, The Best Unknown Guitarist in the World. Robbie's admiration for Roy's playing was so right, and lifted me to a super fan of his.
Robbie was one of the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMm0UJ1gkfg 

Go to the 26 min Mark for Robbies Comments -

Sorry the video is disables on other sites.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RGRacing,

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love "The Last Waltz". I have it on DVD and watch it every so often. I'll need to do that this weekend. RIP Robby! Put the load right on me!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dsiets:
My favorite song of his. I'm going to have to dig his CD out for my next shower and shave session.

This song sounds like it should come from a Sam Spade/ Phillip Marlow movie! Very Hammet/Chandleresque!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bettysnephew,

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Robbie's smile at the end is priceless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I saw them with Bob Dylan in the 70's at the Omni in Atlanta.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I saw them with Bob Dylan in the 70's at the Omni in Atlanta.

I saw the same tour at Denver Coliseum

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post