SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Marty Balin has died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marty Balin has died Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 17277 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Was next to this guy in a deli while he was ordering a tuna sandwich back in the 80s. Seemed like a nice guy.

Even though I was not a fan of Jefferson Starship, I always thought he and Grace Slick were an interesting dual as far as vocals.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grace Slick is 78. Hard to believe.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Martin Balsam the actor died in the 1990s.
Marty Balin was the singer for The Jefferson Airplane/Starship

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwMEOzfXYuU
Atlanta lady
brings back a few very good memories

( scarlett when she was a baby)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54695 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP
Big fan of the Jefferson Airplane: See Bless Its Pointed Little Head. Somewhere out there is a documentary film about the band and its internal struggles as they were driven mad by success.
Balin is amusing as he complains about his former bandmates.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post