SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any predictions on the first new show to get cancelled?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any predictions on the first new show to get cancelled? Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted
I've watched all the episodes of "The Prodigal Son" and I'm already tired of it. I don't think it will last much longer. Anyone else want to make a prediction for any other shows going down the tubes?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Batwoman.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, what shows are we talking about? Chances are, if I did know about them, I'd avoid them like the plague. It seems to me that there's very little good TV these days.

For the older guys, remember what a big deal it was when the only three networks in existence rolled out their fall programming?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the older guys, remember what a big deal it was when the only three networks in existence rolled out their fall programming?

^^^^^
Sure do. No binge watching either. Had to wait months to find out what happened in a series. Would Dr. Richard Kimble be apprehended or catch the one armed man? Unlike today when there is a commercial break and programming returns they go through what you just saw.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And we had this thing called "re-runs". Hell, now they re-run an episode on the same day!

I miss the rabbit ears, fuzzy channels, mulipath signals, very limited programming, all of it. Watching TV these days is like breathing, but back then, it had great value, and this was especially true before VCRs. You had to be there to see it when it was broadcast or by God, you didn't see it. There's no way you can convey to young people what this felt like. I feel lucky.

posted Hide Post
I recall there only being three networks. And only one was broadcasting everything in color. NBC.
I have given up trying to predict the demise of new shows.
When I saw the new Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI, I thought they stunk so bad they would disappear rapidly. Nope. They drag on. A more recent example would be The Connors.
And I like John Goodman.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What gets me is that you can view some new shows on youtube or wherever, before they are actually broadcast. So strange.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hell I remember when it was B&W only.... no color. Yes I was but a tyke, still.... Big Grin

As for cancellations, the jackwads seem to kill off anything I may happen to like and leave the drivel to drone on. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
As for cancellations, the jackwads seem to kill off anything I may happen to like and leave the drivel to drone on. Frown

I think the networks use their surveys to determine which show is most popular, then they cancel it just to piss us off. As far as cancellations in the new crop of shows, I haven't watched any of them to make that determination. I kind of like it that way. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
You had to be there to see it when it was broadcast or by God, you didn't see it.

I remember an episode of Emergency! where they were trying to watch a program and when they missed it due to a callout complained that "now we'll have to wait until the summer reruns to see it".
(BTW, it was an episode of Adam 12 they wanted to see)

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a very young kid, getting up early in the morning before everyone else, turning on the TV to make sure it was warmed up, and watching the test pattern in anticipation! Could not tell time yet. Lived on Signal Hill, where the TV tower was, in Rapid City S. D. So we got a good signal, no turning the rabbitt ears, or tin foil. Can't remember when the signal was off in the evening, as I was in bed already.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, what shows are we talking about? Chances are, if I did know about them, I'd avoid them like the plague. It seems to me that there's very little good TV these days.

yes,

and at that time, either my Brother or I were the human remote controls,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I remember when TV Guide's extra thick Fall edition of new shows held as much promise as a Sears Christmas catalog.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Hard to say. There is so much still on the air that needs to be cancelled.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Para, not only were there only 3 networks but after the 11 o'clock news and the National Anthem they went off the air.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I still haven’t forgiven them for cancelling Jericho

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Probably something I'm NOT watching.

Posts: 22859 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I still haven’t forgiven them for cancelling Jericho

NUTS!!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just finishing Season 4 of the Sopranos for the first time. I bet it gets cancelled in a couple seasons.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any predictions on the first new show to get cancelled?

Most of those Simpsons-Wanna-Be animations don't last. Don't know if there are any new ones, but if so, it has a small chance of survival.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post