SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sometimes my inner hillbilly comes out- Where are you tonight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes my inner hillbilly comes out- Where are you tonight. Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I remember thinking about all those beautiful girls on hee haw. Crushing hard as a little boy...

Oh, yeah. There was one in particular, a blonde with a (at the time) short hair style. She was always on at the end of the show when they all said "That's all, folks!", standing in front of a fence. One of the slats in the fence would swing up and hit her in the butt. We have a local TV news/weather girl who I swear was a dead ringer for that Hee Haw girl, until she started growing her hair longer. Frown

I had the same crush on her...her name is Cathy Baker...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048319/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Nor do I, but I believe that it came on just before Lawrence Welk. Mom loved them both so we had to watch them.

Oh, jeez...Lawrence Welk. Mom and Dad NEVER missed his show. I watched because Hey...it was TV!

They were completely mystified by my barely-stifled amusement when "Gail and Dale" sang "One Toke Over The Line."

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Lawrence Welk?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
"I crossed a ___ with a ___!" was a semi-regular feature.

(The caption is mine but you get the idea.)

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post