SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sometimes my inner hillbilly comes out- Where are you tonight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes my inner hillbilly comes out- Where are you tonight. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted

When I was a kid, this was on every Sunday night at my grandparents house. It was a much simpler time indeed. Frown

And I never knew how much I'd laugh watching it all these years later.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I can't remember for sure what night it came on in our small town, but I think it might have been Saturday night. As a kid it wasn't my favorite show to watch on our black and white TV (later, my Dad built our first color TV and I remember being amazed watching Hee Haw for the first time in color)...but it was funny and was a good way to spend some time until the action TV shows came on.

...and yes, it was a simpler more innocent time.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
That was great. Who was the first guy and the blond gal with black tape on a front tooth?

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean inner hillbilly. You are from Kentucky. I had a friend who called himself a HILLWILLIAM. He explained that was an educated hillbilly.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I can't remember for sure what night it came on in our small town,

Nor do I, but I believe that it came on just before Lawrence Welk. Mom loved them both so we had to watch them.

Love American Style was on a different night.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Nor do I, but I believe that it came on just before Lawrence Welk. Mom loved them both so we had to watch them.

I thought it was after Lawrence Welk. But I’m
Pretty sure that was Sunday. After Mutual of Omaha’s Wild kingdom.

I just can’t remember for sure.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ohh man, Lawrence Welk...yup, I do remember that. I didn't much like the Lawrence Welk show back then (although the Polkas were kinda fun to watch), but as a kid there weren't many channels or shows on you simply had to learn patience and entertain yourself while you waited for "your" shows to come on. I usually had a small collection of Lego's or Tinker Toys or Lincoln Logs dumped on the floor while the TV was on and I was waiting for the "good" shows to come on.

Love American Style came on Friday nights, after the Brady Bunch and after the Six Million Dollar Man...usually Love American Style was the last show we got to watch before we had to go to bed...so that we could get a good night's sleep before we woke up bright and early to watch Saturday morning cartoons. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:

I thought it was after Lawrence Welk. But I’m
Pretty sure that was Sunday. After Mutual of Omaha’s Wild kingdom.

I just can’t remember for sure.

Pretty sure Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom came on right before the Sunday night Disney show.

posted Hide Post
I remember during the '80s (the times when it was a syndicated show), it always came on Saturday afternoon and early night along with Lawrence Welk, Bill Anderson, The Wilburn Brothers, Porter Wagoner....good times sitting around with the folks. I think during the '70s it was also on Saturdays (after the original run on CBS for two seasons, but no sure about the time schedule on CBS). I was a big fan of the "Gloom, Despair, Agony on Me" segments too. Smile

Of course back when, we were swamp rats ourselves...

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
This is a really weird coincidence because for the past couple of days I was contemplating starting a Lair thread with "I searched the world over and thought I found true love...." Eek Big Grin

Definitely a blast from my childhood past that still brings a smile to my face and makes me laugh.

Also enjoyed Wild Kingdom, In Search Of, and Wonderful World of Disney among others. Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Barney Miller, Dukes of Hazzard, Diff'rent Strokes, Starsky and Hutch, A-team, Knight Rider, Air Wolf, Magnum P.I., Saturday morning cartoons, and the list goes on and on.

Simpler times indeed, but very enjoyable TV programming!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
After Mutual of Omaha’s Wild kingdom.

Big Grin

Reminds me of the old Johnny Carson segments, "And here's Jim with his head inside the mouth of a 200 pound tiger." Big Grin

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I'm more of a Villebilly, but I loved Hee Haw, just the same.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I never knew how it would remind me of simpler times and home. We grew up in then, a the horse town of Cumming GA. My how it’s changed. Junior Samples used car lot was actually alive and well in our town. Thanks for the trip to the past.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!
You just brought me back to sitting in my grandparents living room, early to mid 70's.
Toss in "All in the Family", and the smell of something phenomenal my grandmother was making in the kitchen, and I'm 7 years old all over again.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Buck Owens and Roy Clark doing "pickin' and grinnin'." Smile

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I remember thinking about all those beautiful girls on hee haw. Crushing hard as a little boy...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I remember thinking about all those beautiful girls on hee haw. Crushing hard as a little boy...

Oh, yeah. There was one in particular, a blonde with a (at the time) short hair style. She was always on at the end of the show when they all said "That's all, folks!", standing in front of a fence. One of the slats in the fence would swing up and hit her in the butt. We have a local TV news/weather girl who I swear was a dead ringer for that Hee Haw girl, until she started growing her hair longer. Frown

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The only thing I can say without a doubt about those days is Magnum came on at 7 on Thursday, Simon and Simon was right after, and Miami Vice was Friday.

www.opspectraining.com

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

For some reason, my mother didn't like Lisa Todd.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post