SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Question about HULU and no add TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about HULU and no add TV Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
I am thinking about HULU. They have a 'no add's' plan but how do they handle say news channels or say Jeopardy without commercials?

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The just don't show them. It skips from one segment straight to the next.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have the basic HULU free with an T-Mobile package. It's the one with adds. But the adds are not near what you see on network TV. Usually one or two abbreviated adds, not the endless bombardment you get on the networks. It doesn't bother me much.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I have the basic HULU free with an T-Mobile package. It's the one with adds. But the adds are not near what you see on network TV. Usually one or two abbreviated adds, not the endless bombardment you get on the networks. It doesn't bother me much.

We have the bundle with Disney+ & it's not the ad length, it's the frequency.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I have HULU, I'm almost sure the "No-Ads" is only some of the streaming or shows you have "recorded".

Did get a notice that my basic package is going up another $5 in I believe December.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

We have the bundle with Disney+ & it's not the ad length, it's the frequency.

Still, not as bad as the networks where you can expect 18-20 minutes of adds per hour. I rarely watch the networks and the adds are one of the reasons, along with mostly garbage shows. The exception to this is sports like football where they squeeze adds in with stoppage on the field.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post