SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Recruit - A new Netflx Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Recruit - A new Netflx Series Login/Join 
posted
It's about a new employee at the CIA. He is an attorney in their legal division. I've seen two episodes and so far I like it. It's not at all a legal drama. It's all action. The main character is an attorney who immediately gets caught up in field work. Do you have to suspend disbelief? Of course. But it's not so crazy that it becomes laughable.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Started to watch it last night.
Watched the first two although I sort of slept through number 2 but only because it was late at night.
So I'll re-watch from two, looks interesting.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I like it so far. Kind of a Tom Cruise from A Few Good Men meets Jack Ryan.

ETA: Just binged the whole thing. Really good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I clicked on it and very nearly dumped it because of the millennial tone (roommates especially) and the the rap music score.

However, I persevered and it was interesting enough that I'll watch at least one more episode.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Finished the first installment and enjoyed it.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is kinda fun too

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are both enjoying it, thanks for the heads up.

Could very well do without the rap music.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a fun watch. Like most shows there's some things I have to let slide but overall I give it an 8/10. Can't wait for season 2.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I started watching it last night. We're liking it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
A couple of amazing coincidences, and of course the gay roommate, have to have that box checked.

That being said, it was a good series, enjoyed it quite a bit. The nervous burned out co-worker was amusing

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I clicked on it and very nearly dumped it because of the millennial tone (roommates especially) and the the rap music score.

However, I persevered and it was interesting enough that I'll watch at least one more episode.

When the male roommate gave him spoons in bed, I bailed. If that doesn't become a major theme, and/or more graphic, please let me know and I'll resume.

Every show, every episode: gotta have the LBGQ bullshit injected -- regardless of whether it would reasonably fit the subject matter. Mad

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Dropped from my watchlist. Unless something is exceptional, tired of the lbq+ bs. Where I was previously indifferent, I am no more. They made it so.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
When the male roommate gave him spoons in bed, I bailed. If that doesn't become a major theme, and/or more graphic, please let me know and I'll resume.
I don't recall it having done so, but, I've had lapses in memory or lack of attention to detail before, so ICBW.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I appreciate you guys pointing out the agenda stuff. I can’t stand that kind of thing and it immediately pulls me out of the story. It’s not worth starting if it’s a vehicle for political messages.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 1.
He certainly is a resourceful character while everyone he works with at 'the Agency' seems to be obsessed with covering their own ass as priority number 1.
There is a WTF? moment at end that I did not see coming.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Vicious,

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it’s nothing like the movie that shares the same name and also is about the agency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post