SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    On NetFlix: Dont Pick Up The Phone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On NetFlix: Dont Pick Up The Phone Login/Join 
posted
I just watched a documentary on NF about a phone hoax / sexual assault that took place some years ago and its aftermath. I wont get into spoilers but if you like true crime stuff, it is worth a watch.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I just watched a documentary on NF about a phone hoax / sexual assault that took place some years ago and its aftermath. I wont get into spoilers but if you like true crime stuff, it is worth a watch.

Spoiler Alert!!!!

Everyone is guilty but no one is guilty...except the "Deep Pockets" (large fast-food corporations) that employed people who were preyed upon by an offender that was never held accountable. It was a terrible situation made worse by the fact that those targeted were naive and trusting, even to the point of facing criminal charges or terrible (unwarranted) accusations of profiteering from these incidents. Bottom line: There's always going to be targets (victims) just as surely as there will be those looking for targets (offenders) and unscrupulous attorneys hoping to profit from terrible injustices.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
What does it say about the human condition where managers would follow instructions over the phone to do what some did? It’s wrong! A voice in your head should be telling you that was was requested is wrong. I watched this in horror and could not believe so many people did it.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post