SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bill Russell dead at 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Russell dead at 88 Login/Join 
posted
Remember him well.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Talk about a winning streak, he had it.
One of the best ever.
An old schooler that will be missed.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
What an amazing individual. Lots of championships. Seemed to me he was a gentleman too.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to run into him every so often when I was back in my old career. Our firm's office was in the same building where Mr. Russell had some sort of professional contacts with. He had decided that PNW living was pretty nice during his time with the Supersonics so he and his wife decided to make the area his home after he was finished with coaching in the NBA. A very classy individual, indeed. RIP.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly a joy to watch . He's what hoops needed,
Him and Maravich.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Saw him in an airport maybe 40 years ago. I said hello and asked for his autograph. He just stared at me so I turned and walked away. I do not know what kind of a man he was. He looked pissed off that day.
Loved basketball of that era and for about the next 15 years. That was a great time in pro ball. Have not watched it in about 25 years.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Saw him in an airport maybe 40 years ago. I said hello and asked for his autograph. He just stared at me so I turned and walked away. I do not know what kind of a man he was. He looked pissed off that day.
Loved basketball of that era and for about the next 15 years. That was a great time in pro ball. Have not watched it in about 25 years.

I read an article about him and autographs. He didn’t sign. He preferred a handshake and a short conversation.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Class Act!

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post