Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2022 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This one pic beautifully sums up the free practice and qualifying sessions for Suzuki. What a shit show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Rins was in the hot seat!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Marquez high sided himself to the moon in warmup.

https://www.motogp.com/en/vide...rn-7-highside/411014

He has a concussion and will not start the Indo Grand Prix. But I’m watching live now, and the race should be starting in 5 minutes. Massive rain, flood conditions. They have delayed the start. The BMW is doing laps checking conditions and it’s throwing water everywhere. There is standing water all over the track. They can’t race in this. Race is going to be delayed longer than they have planned. If this keeps up they could cancel it or race on Monday instead.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Rain finally quit. They brushed the standing water off, mostly. Shortened 20 lap race. And boy was it a boring one. Dinky little track too. Most of the lap the bikes are in 2nd or 3rd and that’s it. Snooze fest to watch really.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I loved it! I wasn’t expecting to see Rins jump up onto 2nd for a second at the start of the race.

I think the race was VERY exciting for Fabio fans and a nail biter for Ducati faithful. Sure it didn’t have a lot of passing but on the limit in the rain means anyone can go down at any moment.

The highlight for me was watching Darryn Binder fight his way up the pack and battle with his brother, Enea Bastianini and Aleix.

***spoiler****
It was cool to see Miguel win on that KTM I doubt many predicted that outcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
I watched the whole season of MotoGP Unlimited on Amazon Prime after it dropped Monday night.

It was enjoyable.

Just finished it. A bit stale but I know they are going for a different audience, IE newbs. All the on track info I kind of just sped through as I knew all of it already. But it was cool to see some of the off track stuff albeit pretty limited. And they really glossed over the real reason the Vinales/Yamaha rift occurred. Lin Jarvis decided to can Mav’s crewchief. Mav and that guy were friends, close, and that’s not what the rider wanted. There was one line about Yamaha not letting them make changes to the bike, only the 2nd half of 2019 did they let that happen and Mav did very well then. This is the same reason why you saw Vale’s such poor performance in 2021 and the difficulty he had the prior 2 seasons. Yamaha needs to let the teams make the changes they need to make for each rider. For years they just ram it down your throat. Keep that up and Ducati is coming for that ass.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Did they fix the voices? I tried watching it but that robotic dubbing crap made it unwatchable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
They removed the dubbing. Original dialogue with subtitles.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Looks like Marc's massive highside during warmup in Indo is causing double vision for him, yet again. He's not racing the next 2 rounds. Another championship lost. His riding and antics are finally catching up with him.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Diplopia again.

He needs to take a break.....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally watched the race last night. That looked like a wicked high-side.

Something about KTMs & rain. Wasn't it Binder that stayed out last season & skated to a win when the rest of the field came in for wets?
Oli had a ton of pace & FQ made a late comeback after looking like he had some major issue & dropped back.

Quite a few dramatic saves Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That high side was horrific. I am not a Marquez fan but I hate to see that happen to a rider. I hope he heals up and can return this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Still a GP newbie, so don't have a personal favorite yet.
But, I agree, wouldn't wish that on any of the riders.

Same with F1, I'm no Verstappen fan, but hate to see an engine failure that close to the end of a race.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Front Ride Height Devices Banned from 2023

quote:
​​​​​​​
A MotoGP ban on front ride-height adjustment devices has been ratified by the Grand Prix Commission and will kick in from 2023 onwards.

The move marks the result of continued discussion over how to limit the ride-height device development race in the premier class.

The front ride-height devices are the latest strand of development coming out of the Ducati-pioneered rear ride-height devices that were first trialled in 2019 as a way to improve starts, but soon evolved into something used throughout the lap to improve acceleration out of corners.

It was again Ducati at the forefront of developing a similar mechanism for the front of the bike, but this went against the desire of other manufacturers not to have a development battle in this area.

The new ban was approved in a March 18 Grand Prix Commission meeting, following a discussion during the meeting at Lusail two weeks prior in which “delegates were asked to consider two alternative proposals on this matter, [which] had the objective of preventing further performance improvements and development cost increases”.

The FIM decision states “the use of any device that modifies or adjusts the motorcycle’s front ride height while it is moving is forbidden”, before indicating that this can still be used in the start phase.

“The decision of the technical director will be final when determining what constitutes a front ride-height device; devices that only operate one-shot at the race start [ie “holeshot” devices] are allowed.”

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Sure, let's ban innovation, because the bigger money manufacturers don't want to develop.

What is this, F1?

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
Sure, let's ban innovation, because the bigger money manufacturers don't want to develop.

What is this, F1?

Pretty much. HRC used to be the leader in technological development, I mean like forever. I remember the oval pistons for goodness sake. But ever since Corse plucked Gigi from Aprilia, together with that Audi (VAG) money Corse has deeper pockets than they ever have. Gigi started doing heavy aerodynamic testing via the various wings, etc. HRC and the rest of the MSMA bitched and whined, because they were getting schooled. He did the little rear spoiler to help cool the tire, the rear ride height device. The salad box with a gyro in there. I mean he is the innovator in GP. HRC doesn’t like getting shined up on anything so this is them throwing a fit and getting the Japanese and I guess everyone else signed on. Whatever HRC does, Yamaha and Suzuki will follow. I’m surprised KTM didn’t fight the ban though because the CEO hates Honda more than anything on the Earth. KTM is only in GP to beat HRC’s ass. That’s it. I saw it with Honda, Yamaha, and lastly Suzuki, kicking and screaming about having to have a rear height device to compete off the line.

The winglets I see nothing for production value. It’s absolutely pointless for a production bike. Doesn’t mean they can’t have them in GP or a front ride height device either. I just know the sport too well and it’s HRC’s doing. They have the biggest seat at the MSMA table. And their fucking bitches too.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Totally agree with you.
Although on Ducati's the winglets do have a function on production bikes and it isn't aero.
It is cooling.
Forcing air in to cool off the V2's and V4's rear head..

Ask me how I know about how hot the rear cylinder gets....

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red Bull Ring - T2 Chicane

quote:
​​​​​​​
The Red Bull Ring returned to the MotoGP calendar in 2016 and already came under fire for its safety, with a number of riders not happy with the proximity of barriers to the track and the lack of gravel in some areas.

The latter was rectified for the following year, though the main problematic area of the fast Turn 2 left-hand kink remained.

The safety of this part of the track was thrust into the spotlight in 2020 when Franco Morbidelli and Johann Zarco collided in a horrifying accident that resulted in both of their bikes hurtling up towards Turn 3 and narrowly missing Yamaha duo Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales.

A barrier was placed for the following races in Austria at Turn 3 to stop this from happening again, though the closing speeds at Turn 2 and into Turn 3 remained a point of concern.

Last year Red Bull revealed its plans to alter the Turn 2 layout by adding in a chicane, with work on that now finally complete.

Compared to the original design shown to the press last year, the finished Turn 2 chicane is much tighter.

The original layout remains, with the new chicane only to be used by MotoGP.

Herman Tilke, who carried out the re-design, said: “Reduced speed was needed in MotoGP in this section of the track.

“This was achieved through the compact right-left combination which refrains from impacting the rest of the track.

“The planning was a real challenge due to the topography of the terrain, above all.”

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MotoGP has staged two races in Austria at the Red Bull Ring in each of the past two years.

However, only the Austrian GP will be run this year, with it being moved from its early August slot to the weekend of 19-21 August.

Last year’s Austrian GP was won by home brand KTM after Brad Binder heroically stayed out on slick tyres on a wet track to claim his second MotoGP victory.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Wonder who is gonna be the one that runs the old course and t-bones someone that did the chicane?

Shitty attempt to slow riders down in my opinion. Moto GP needs to shitcan this track until a real solution is completed.

In other news: Marc is out from next race....probably more too! I bet Honda is talking with Mir and Quartararo daily!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hope Marc’s injury doesn’t motivate Honda to poach Mir from Suzuki.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~