Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2022 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Should be an interesting race tomorrow. Ducati 1st and 3rd on the grid split by Fabio. We'll see who gets taken out this week by the mad dash down the straight and into turn 1. Jack got himself a long lap penalty for crashing under caution which pretty well crushes his chances at a win. Poor guy may as well hop on a KTM now and get a feel for it before next season. Hopefully Aleix can get another win but it'll be difficult with Bags, Fabio, and Zarco in front of him (barring turn 1 drama).

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nah I’m not bitter at all about Taka hitting Rins before Rins had a chance to crash out of the race on his own. If I were Taka I’d probably have pushed that hard too. It would have been nice to see Pecco & Rins get past the first turn of the first lap. Im not bashing Taka but the meme potential is there…. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Another snooze fest. Barring some low slides, it was mostly done from the first couple of corners. Happy for Valentino #2, Luca Marini. He started to getting it mid race. Maverick was up to 4th and looked to bag his first podium on the Aprilia, proving doubters wrong, only for the rear ride height device to get locked in place. Looked like a dragster as he pitted. I also don’t know how wise Ducati was to punt Jack. He had a long lap penalty in the race and still got 3rd. Without that, maybe top Ducati for this race. Should have at least kept him, and put him back at Pramac. Jack is close to making a major step in the class. He is hard on tires, especially rears, and if he solves that, he could be a title contender.

Slowly the series is turning back into the 800cc era. Winner and perhaps podium decided so early on. Processional racing. This happens when tech dominates instead of the riders right wrist.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The highlight of this GP was watching Jack Miller and Maverick until Mav’s Aprilia decided to become a low rider. Ugh I wanted to see him do well.

Jack’s ability to overcome a long lap penalty and not letting factory Ducati cutting him loose have any impact on his riding was superb. That was a pretty gnarly long lap penalty too with some rocks and gravel on the track.

I am stoked that KTM is getting Miller. Ducati is IMO stupid for letting him go. Miller and Pecco are tied now in championship points. I hope Jack can help KTM bring some much needed improvement to that bike next year.

There are a lot of races left. At the beginning of the season I was pretty damn sure one of Ducati’s riders would win the championship. Now I am not nearly as confident in my prediction.

Hats off to Suzuki for managing a complete and total collapse on what very well could be their final year ever in the big leagues. That company is run by some stupid mother fuckers. Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looked like the ride on the Aprilia just collapsed? The pit crew lifted it & it just sank back to drag mode. Commentary mentioned automatic ride height, guessing they mean button activated instead of lever/manual?

Is there a reason teams don't field a backup rider, in the case of Rins?
Not sure how the $$ is divvied up at the end of the season, but in the F1 world, you'd almost never see a team race with only 1 car, as team points are where the $ comes from.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Looked like the ride on the Aprilia just collapsed? The pit crew lifted it & it just sank back to drag mode. Commentary mentioned automatic ride height, guessing they mean button activated instead of lever/manual?

The one on Aleix’s bike is button operated, or manual. Mav is using an automated version.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

The one on Aleix’s bike is button operated, or manual. Mav is using an automated version.

Seems like that would take some getting used to, for the bike the adjust the height without rider input?
Are they allowed full active suspension? Where the bike could dial in a constantly changing ride height to optimal per corner/straight?

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That was the best race of the season so far!!!! Cool

In front of a sellout crowd with 100,000+ spectators those riders put on a hell of a show!

Aleix passing two riders at the same time on the final lap was just fricking awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I LOVE this beautiful sport. My wife was bitching about Fabio never crashing to which I replied “yeah, he is due for a crash”. And BOOM! Two crashes by Fabio in one race. Watching Aleix go from 2nd to the back courtesy of Fabio crashing into him and then fight his way up to 4th after passing two riders at the same time on the final lap was so sweet.

But the best moment of the race to me was watching Maverick look at the camera post race and say “thank you Aprilia” after getting his first podium since joining Aprilia. That was so fricking awesome! Cool

Aprilia has one hell of a bike and two riders who seem to bring out the best in each other! Smile

Pecco was outstanding on that factory Ducati.

What a beautiful way to go into the summer break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well whomever was bitching about Aprilia re-signing Maverick, better bake that crow tonight. Put some BBQ sauce on it. He would have podiumed last race as well without the mechanical on the ride height device. Very happy for Vinales. He’s steadily come along on the Aprilia and showing why he is one of the best riders in the paddock.

Aleix’s ride was phenomenal. Fabio fucked up royally. Rookie move. Damn near a penalty in my view as he had no chance at pulling that off. Barring that incident Aleix would have battled Pecco for the win.

Winners for this race are the VR46 Academy. Valentino trained #1 and #2 finishers and it was nice to see his flag represented by Marco. His work with the academy and the Italian riders is cemented for years to come. It’s also a massive win for Aprilia. Even though they did not win the race, both of their factory riders had phenom rides. Yamaha and Honda had terrible days today and it’s the first time I have ever seen where two European mfr’s have the best bikes, and best teams. The Italian factories are #1 and #2 in the field. And if Honda and Yamaha are not careful, KTM will be #3. Out of the entire top 10 at Assen, only 2 of the bikes were Japanese and they were both Suzukis. No Yamahas or Hondas. That is eye opening.

Lastly Miller. Ducati royally fucked up letting this guy go. What a ride. Martin, nor Enea have proved worthy of that factory Ducati seat. Both have won races but both are incredibly inconsistent while Miller, even with long lap penalties, is in the race, battling, and at the front.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Pretty exciting race. FQ20 fucked himself pretty good and probably kept Aleix from another podium. Loved watching how easily he carved the field up.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great race, finally got to watch last night.
So many LL penalties.

Impressive ride by Aleix, he was on a flyer after his FQ incident. Impressive riding to keep it upright & get back on track.

Miller, a 2nd impressive ride after a LL penalty.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I’m bored…it’s gonna be a long 5 week break.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fabio will receive a long lap penalty at Silverstone for his bonehead move on Aleix. He immediately took to social media and started whining about it like a bitch.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Mutedblade, yes…it’s going to be a long break.

Something to help slay your boredom. I found the Marc Marquez of mountain bike racers. Watch this guy literally go from the back of a 150 rider pack and slice and dice his way up to towards the very front. Eek

As the comments say (and I agree) I wish there was also a rear facing camera to record the carnage left in his wake.

I’d have trouble keeping up with this guy on a two stroke dirt bike!

This race feels a lot like a POV ride along with Marc at the infamous Argentine GP. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This article on Ducati’s new electric racing motorcycle is interesting.

Ducati’s new Moto-E racing motorcycle

I’d love to know how many amps it is running. 800 volts is way higher than I was expecting. Apparently it’s making something like 150+ hp and putting down 101 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheel. Eek The top speed is apparently around 170 mph.

My ebike only has 50 or so battery cells and at 52V it hits 44 mph. Ducati’s electric motorcycle has 1,152 battery cells and an electric motor that spins up to 18,000 rpm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What do you guys think will happen to Pecco from a disciplinary standpoint? Will Ducati do anything? Think he will lose sponsors?

Personally, I’m the kind of person who wants others to show they can learn from mistakes and not punish the hell out of people to make a point if someone wasn’t hurt. In this scenario I would go easy on him with the understanding that he cannot ever fuck up like that again.

What say you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Did I miss something? What happened with him?

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Dummy “celebrated” with some friends and ended up crashing his car after drinking alcohol. I’m not a fan of DUI’s so i think he needs to lose all sponsorship as well as his seat at Ducati. Bags could easily have hurt or killed someone, all because he’s not smart enough to call an Uber or whatever the European equivalent is. What kind of example will Dorna be setting if they don’t whack his dick?

Rossi is probably ready to kick Pecco’s ass for such a bone headed move

Bags DUI

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ah, yeah, definitely have to do something with that.
First I've heard about it, but I've been out of the loop on keeping up with news, GP & F1.