SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A Question To Regular Viewers Of "Big Bang Theory" Here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Question To Regular Viewers Of "Big Bang Theory" Here Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Is it just me or has this past season so far been pretty "meh"?

The show used to be really funny to me but is starting to feel stale. Maybe it's because they are all settling down now with significant others and being more "normal" adults than before?

There's just something missing now.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I am with you. The show has definitely slowed quite a bit. It has become so predictable that you can guess the entire show. Lines are not nearly as witty as they once were and I think the cast is getting bored with it. I foresee one season more, no more. Production is also getting to be quite expensive.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I agree. This was a weekly ritual in our house and it's just not something we look forward to as much anymore

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I am with you. The show has definitely slowed quite a bit. It has become so predictable that you can guess the entire show. Lines are not nearly as witty as they once were and I think the cast is getting bored with it. I foresee one season more, no more. Production is also getting to be quite expensive.

Aren't they all getting paid beaucoup bucks now for each episode?

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Recently read that Jim Parsons may not be renewing his contract, so the end seems near for the show. Can't imagine it going on without Sheldon.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

Aren't they all getting paid beaucoup bucks now for each episode?

I believe they are north of $9 mil per episode and most of it is cast salaries. The main 3 are back to negotiating salaries. I believe this may be the death of the show. I'd be really surprised if they make more than one more season, if it doesn't wrap up this season!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it has run its course. And the never ending reruns on TBS? Enough already!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I agree. The weekly story line of "Will Amy and Sheldon finally have sex" is growing rather thin. The show has seemed to morph into two different story lines with Sheldon, Leonerd, and significant others on one side of the script and then flip screen to Howard, Bernadette, and Raj on the other side of the script.

You're right. It's becoming 'meh' and I mentioned this to my brother several episodes ago. Probably gonna see the series finale announced soon.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Like any show ~ it has run it's course.
I hear that Kaley Cuoco is wanting out or an obscene amount of money to stay.
I think the show will not survive much longer ~ maybe one more but doubt any longer.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I agree. The weekly story line of "Will Amy and Sheldon finally have sex" is growing rather thin.

I've been watching Burn Notice on Netflix start to finish. I'm in season six right now, and I'm seeing the exact same thing you are talking about with the predictability of their story lines. "Michael tries to figure out a problem, while being manipulated by a rogue government agent, while Sam, Jesse, and Fiona help a helpless victim who has a problem that can be solved by a diabolical plan that requires no killing, only a countless number of sting/reverse sting operations that will end up with the rescue of one of the team members without killing a single bad guy"

And I want to finish the series but it is wearing on me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Slight drift.

I read somewhere that a spinoff centered around a young (12 YO) Sheldon Cooper character is being considered.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
The weekly story line of "Will Amy and Sheldon finally have sex" is growing rather thin.

You mean again?

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes, my wife and I were just discussing this after the last episode. Its gotten really weak this season.

Its like they have forgotten its supposed to be funny, and not a soap-opera-ish story line with a few chuckles

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly they have had other times when it seemed far less funny, just meh for a while, but then came back fairly strong. I don't pay enough attention to know if the writing crew has changed, but it could be that, as well as the developing story lines changing the dynamics.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to be a huge fan , but it's getting to be really predictable and somewhat boring . What a shame , I really used to look forward to it .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm easy to please, I've found this season to be as funny as ever. Very different but it ought to be it's been around for a while now.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know what you mean. I didn't bother watching most of the final season.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I agree. The weekly story line of "Will Amy and Sheldon finally have sex" is growing rather thin.

I've been watching Burn Notice on Netflix start to finish. I'm in season six right now, and I'm seeing the exact same thing you are talking about with the predictability of their story lines. "Michael tries to figure out a problem, while being manipulated by a rogue government agent, while Sam, Jesse, and Fiona help a helpless victim who has a problem that can be solved by a diabolical plan that requires no killing, only a countless number of sting/reverse sting operations that will end up with the rescue of one of the team members without killing a single bad guy"

Yeah, that last season was rough, but you will want to see the finale.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I agree that it has mostly run its course.

I don't know if they will end it or try to drag it on and on but I'm expecting Penny to get pregnant in this season's final episode.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's time to wrap it up. It used to be smart/witty/filled with geek humor. I could be wrong since it's become a show I watch in the background, but it just doens't seem like any of that is there anymore.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post