SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Greatest Beer Run Ever (trailer)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Greatest Beer Run Ever (trailer) Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I saw a video about this a couple years ago. I like Efron as an actor. He's seems to be more than just a pretty boy. And was that Bill Murray? All the new war movies seem to all be on Apple TV. This one, The Masters of the Air, Greyhound 2.

Found it.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a chapter in the book Chickenhawk where a Huey that was loaded up full of beer got shot down while flying over a rice paddy.

I’ve always thought Chickenhawk would make an excellent film if done right. Sure there are a lot of Vietnam war films already but that story is really good.

The greatest beer run ever looks like a promising story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I remember someone posting a video here a year or two ago about this story and seemed a bit less dramatic.
But, it wasn't a movie being made to draw people in for money, so...

I guess it must be the one Skull Leader posted.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Smokey and the Bandit have the greatest beer run ever. Period.

I have Apple TV so hopefully it’s a decent flick.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I watched this last night and I rather enjoyed it. It seems to show fair points of view of the war from all sides (anti-war protestors, supporters of the war/soldiers, the soldiers, the war correspondents).

I didn't read the book, but there's a bit where the main protagonist is running from the CIA for impersonating a CIA operative and he finds himself in the middle of the Tet Offensive. I don't know if that was true or an embellished part of the movie made for dramatic effect.

Overall, I liked this movie and I'd watch it again. Bill Murray played a crusty old bar owner who supplied the beer and the duffel bag. It's a good movie about a guy who supports his friends and the troops but finds out for himself what was really happening to his friends and how unbelievably confusing that war was.

I didn't find this movie to be politically motivated or biased despite that war being a very political and divisive war for us at home.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post