SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Captain Kirk to return to space
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Kirk to return to space Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
So is he finally gonna make it to Bodely Go?

Ya gotta love those split infinitives

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW did you all know that William Shatner is 90 years young ???!!! Good for him !!! God Bless !!! Smile Smile Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Space, the final frontier...
(Scotty is working on a few things, first.)

Liftoff at approximately 1030hrs Eastern.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
WOW did you all know that William Shatner is 90 years young ???!!! Good for him !!! God Bless !!! Smile Smile Smile

Indeed, he looks pretty good. those steps did take his breath a little.

Posts: 3481 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well it made it, when does the tip of the Space Penis land?

Posts: 33574 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
It's official: Astronaut William Shatner. Smile Cool

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Poor guy was trying to talk and it seemed like nobody was listening.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The launch vehicle stuck that landing.

Blue Orgasm's team did a good job.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anyone on the flight wearing red spacesuits? Did they make it back?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This was sent to me this morning before the flight. Cracked me up. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^saw that mentioned as well Big Grin

Posts: 3481 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Poor guy was trying to talk and it seemed like nobody was listening.
Noticed that as well. Kinda felt a twinge of sadness that nobody was there to greet and congratulate him. Frown I don't think he appreciated the champagne shower...at ALL! I believe this experience was UBER surreal for him, gave him a MASSIVE appreciation for life, and probably made him realize his own fragile existence.

I would've been HAPPY to be there for him when they cracked the capsule door open.

Side note: Even at only 17mph, that STILL has to be a pretty good jolt on touchdown... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Edselbutler
posted Hide Post
Captain Kirk should have made a move on the babe.

Posts: 204 | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
...Side note: Even at only 17mph, that STILL has to be a pretty good jolt on touchdown... Eek

Naw, Kirk has been through much worse. Wink

https://youtu.be/WCpYqWAIwFA

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, what's the award/decoration that Bezos is pinning-on?

Posts: 14552 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it start to finish only because Shatner was onboard.

I'm happy he was able to go

Doubt I'll watch another because its just a bunch of spoiled mega rich giving more money to Bezos. (not jealous, just don't care for the spectacle it will be prancing in front of the world)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

HA!!

At least he didn't say Janeway

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post