SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dumbest movie ever. Uncharted
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumbest movie ever. Uncharted Login/Join 
posted
Marky Mark seems desperate for paychecks lately. This is the most brain dead dumbass nonsense I have ever seen.

Nothing is even mildly or even cartoonishly believable. It’s like road runner and coyote stupid.

Ugh.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha. Had you seen he trailer, before watching it? I saw a TV spot, and that was more than adequate deterrence. Was the amount of CGI as absurd as the trailer made it seem? I know it's based on a video game, and the trailer I saw looked about like some video games these days.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We saw it last night and enjoyed it for what it is:

1. It’s supposed to be entertainment
2. It’s based on a video game
3. Seems sort of a reboot of National Treasure to me

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had not seen the trailer. It’s like a bad compilation of The Goonies, National Treasure, and Indiana Jones.

The alien skull in Indiana Jones was more believable than anything in this.

I leave you with this. There was a scene where 2 helicopters were dueling while carrying a full blown sailing ship, replete with functioning cannon, in a cargo sling. Did I mention the ships were flying and crashing into each other? Dumbest shit ever. Halo was more believable.

As for, “it’s supposed to be entertainment”, well it wasn’t. Don’t waste money on this stinker.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty good, when it comes to the suspension of disbelief, for entertainment's sake. I just can't stand to watch something that has the kind of CGI I saw in that trailer.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I assume the trailer was 2 minutes. This was way worse. Lol

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I leave you with this. There was a scene where 2 helicopters were dueling while carrying a full blown sailing ship, replete with functioning cannon, in a cargo sling. Did I mention the ships were flying and crashing into each other? Dumbest shit ever.

Don't forget the helicopters were carrying an estimated $5 billion in gold. The weight of that alone would exceed the carrying capacity of most helicopters!

All in all, it was a pretty run-of-the-mill adventure movie. It's pretty much aimed at the female set. Tom Hiddleson does it for the teens, Mark Wahlberg is for the mothers, while the competing bad girl villains are what they could aspire to be.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Those were “Skycrane” type heavy lift helicopters but yes that was ludicrous not to mention the 500 year old ships most likely being fragile as balsa wood at that point.

It was mindless fun to me and I still liked it.

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

All in all, it was a pretty run-of-the-mill adventure movie. It's pretty much aimed at the female set. Tom Hiddleson does it for the teens, Mark Wahlberg is for the mothers, while the competing bad girl villains are what they could aspire to be.

Tom Holland in this one, Spiderman not Loki. Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Tom Holland in this one, Spiderman not Loki. Big Grin

Dammit, I get all those English guys confused!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It if was anything like the games, hard pass. They SUCKED.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine it is dumber than The Tomorrow War. But I don't think I will watch it to make that call. Stupid implausible plots take away for me whatever entertainment I might get from action sequences.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, good call. The Tomorrow War was really bad and really dumb and huge plot holes that are hard to overlook. It is is tough call to name the dumber movie. Lol

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

This is an exceptionally minority opinion, as fhe game franchise is super popular and has been for years, which is the whole reason the dumb movie exists.

The first two games are great.

The movie looks ridiculous.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh you don't even know. I want more people to watch it just to hear the comments. Jumping from pallet to pallet behind a C17 alone is bad. Then add the conversation of 2 people dropping while in/on a car without parachutes. Priceless.

The first big scene where Holland has to cut the power. He fails but makes a scene which allows marky mark to steal the key. So basically Tom Holland's character could have been replaced by a smoke bomb, barking dog, woman with huge boobs, fireworks, etc. Anything distracting would have worked for the "steal" Ugh.

Don't pay for it but please watch it. Please. Horrible.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

This is an exceptionally minority opinion, as fhe game franchise is super popular and has been for years, which is the whole reason the dumb movie exists.

The first two games are great.

The movie looks ridiculous.

Agreed. The games were good (or at least fun)!

But I saw the early trailers and just got pissed. Obviously garbage from the starting gate. Total miss. Not going to waste my time. Thanks for confirming.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I just watched this. I am a big Uncharted game fan. I really dug all of them very much and felt they all sort of captured that "Indiana Jones" meets Brendon Fraisure's "The Mummy" feel and fun.

Now the movie. The trailers were HORRIBLE. The casting is HORRIBLE and I was fairly torqued when this was announced but................ Frown......

The movie wasn't that bad and a decent take on the games themselves. With correct casting a some script tweaks to work with correct casting this would have been great IMO. Now by "great" I don't mean Lawrence of Arabia I mean a great video game movie so to speak.

The BAD
-CASTING - Sigh I get its Hollywood and we need to get the teen girls in and we want young because if this takes off we want years of the same actors but the casting was ALL wrong. All too young no gravitas to any of them. Chole was probably the closest of the main casting.

-SOME OF THE SCRIPT - Some of this is simply due to the casting and writing for a younger audience and some was just mis steps. I think with a better cast a the script would have had to have been tweaked to work a bit better.

-SOME OF THE CGI - Some of the CGI is pretty bad.

THE GOOD
Overall I actually thought a good bit of this really did capture that fun of the games. some of the dialog is fun, the set pieces are mostly great, the homages to the game are well done, the easter eggs are there and well done and the mix of elements from the games comes together fairly well. Honestly I found it far more entertaining then I thought I would and I went in to it with damn near animosity towards it. I came out with a smile. Was it GREAT, no. Was it a passable adventure film with a little bit of that old school "goonies" feel that does seem to at least make an attempt at fan service to the games........begrudgingly, yes it does.

As for the folks complaining about the set pieces, keep in mind beyond the fact this is a MOVIE and supposed to have crazy adventure escapist set pieces it's also based on a video game known for its crazy set pieces and it captures those incredibly well actually. Some of the gun handling wasn't half horrible either.

Of course the physics and physical feats are absolutely ridiculous looking through a real world lense but frankly I've had about enough of the real world these days and you know what I liked Finding Nemo too.....even though I've never seen a talking fish in real life.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I also got a chuckle at the Nolon North cameo and the after credit scenes would have been great……….with the right cast. Sigh.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never even knew it was a video game. Marky marks last couple movies remind me of Nicholas Cage/Wesley Snipes “I need a paycheck quick” type movies. That being said I don’t believe MM needs a paycheck.

I would believe in talking fish before I would believe this storyline.

posted Hide Post
I have not watched the movie, but I did watch the honest trailer, which from what I gather is way better then the movie itself:

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post