SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Meet the Real-Life Green Beret Who Inspired a 'Call of Duty' Character
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meet the Real-Life Green Beret Who Inspired a 'Call of Duty' Character Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted
Any of you guys play Call of Duty? I'm not really a gamer, but I though this was interesting.

From the article:

Lam fled the communist government of Vietnam in 1979 on an overloaded fishing boat as a child. He eventually made his way into the U.S. and later into the Army. Lam followed the footsteps of his stepfather who served in the Special Forces.

Lam reportedly served 23 years in the Army and 18 of those years under the Special Forces where he was deployed in 27 countries. After retiring as a master sergeant in 2016, Lam founded Ronin Tactics, a company that provides training to civilians and law enforcement officers as well as the development of tactical equipment. Lam’s company name and logo were also used as his character’s nickname and for his patch.

Ronin’s release marked a milestone as the first character to ever be modeled after a real-life veteran.

“An Ex Special Forces recruited by Warcom, known as the ‘one man army,’” Ronin’s character background reads. “A saboteur and master of multiple fighting systems, proficient in unconventional warfare, foreign internal defense and special reconnaissance.”

https://nextshark.com/modern-w...tuqM7WyIKDIxk-QWDksg

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I once spent a great deal of time playing CoD. Which might explain why a) my wife hates the game, and b) I no longer play. Whether I might have recently downloaded the iphone version of the game is questionable, and I have no comment....

Good to see a familiar avatar, bre. Hope all's well with you and yours.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
silent professionals

God Bless them

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post