SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    King Arthur, Legend of the Sword
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

King Arthur, Legend of the Sword Login/Join 
Picture of Citadel
posted
Saw it. Liked it. Two people in the theater besides my self. Pity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9y5JPuRHY

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Looked like an interesting movie, but nothing to do with King Arthur, which is why I have no interest in seeing it.

Looked like it should've been named "Wrath of the Round Table" after the titans movies.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I liked it. A different take on the stories. Plenty of action.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It definitely felt like a Guy Ritchie movie, but there were anachronisms to the action. It felt kind of like I was watching A Knight's Tale at certain points in the movie. But the witty, quickly spoken banter and cocksure swagger displayed by characters reminded me very much of previous Guy Ritchie films.

There were things I didn't like about the movie just because I'm not totally familiar beyond children's stories about King Arthur. The mage who was helping him was totally unknown to me. I kept waiting for either Merlin or Morgan le Fay to show up. The magical skyscraper was too reminiscent of Saruman's tower, Orthanc.

Overall, it was a nice movie. But it's definitely not an epic like previous Arthur movies seem to aspire to. It's makes for a good rental.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post