SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lou Reed - Rock and Roll Animal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lou Reed - Rock and Roll Animal Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Unedited, live, loud, and absolutely outstanding.

What a collection of musicians to play this...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great album!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I;m waiting for my man
Sig228 in my hand.

(Yeah, I know that's not how it goes but it sounds better than 26 dollars.) Big Grin

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
I;m waiting for my man

Not exactly a song about Donna Sue waiting for her husband to come home from the factory Big Grin

Lester Bangs once wrote that Lou Reed was a "depraved pervert, a pathetic death dwarf". Reed was one of rock's most drugged out individuals, giving Keith Richards a run for his money. Also one of the most hostile ones.

I like Rock n Roll Animal, it is a really good live album, and perhaps Reed's most accessible record. I also like some of his Velvet Underground stuff, but then there is a lot that I cannot listen to. Like this one.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Dick Wagner was a monster guitar player.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And the colored girls go...

Posts: 20064 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is not for everyone. But he has a lot of great stuff and some crap. Listen to his song Heroin. It’s so accurate it’s scary.

Posts: 104 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
He is not for everyone. But he has a lot of great stuff and some crap. Listen to his song Heroin. It’s so accurate it’s scary.

At his best, Reed is great.

As Picasso said, though, "Not every Picasso is a Picasso."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Little Joey never once gave it away

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big Lou Reed/ Velvet Underground fan. I bought that album on vinyl when it first came out. When I got rid of my vinyl, I bought it on CD. This is the first time I have heard that in years. The CD is going into the truck tommorrow morning. Thank you very much for posting this.

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
This is a great album. Dueling guitars, his best.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The (only) thing that disturbs me ...

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post