SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Eurythmics inducted RR HoF....finally
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eurythmics inducted RR HoF....finally Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
One of my favorite duos and perfect for the MTV Era.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
About damn time too!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Deserving for sure.

The RR HOF should be honoring the truly greats of Rock and the Eurythmics are one but so many greats have been omitted and so many that have NOTHING to do with Rock Music are in.

Like ELP - there is no reason fore their ommission.
I won't even get into all the non-rock and some are no doubt talented but not ROCK nevertheless.

Congrats to Annie and Dave. Cool

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to them, but there is no justice until Warren Zevon is inducted.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Never cared for Eurythmics back in its day. Too disco for my liking. Disco still sucks after almost 50 years. No end to it.

Later discovered Annie Lennox voice and talent and she’s magnificent. Still, no love for the duo. As far as duos from those days go, i am still fond of Yazoo but the singer, Alison Moyet, doesn’t bold a candle to Annie.

Am with smschultz on this one, lots of rockers missing and too many wtfs in that Hall.
ELP belongs to the RR HoF, officially or not.
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
They must have enjoyed the induction. They just announced a 40 date tour.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Whenever Annie Lennox comes over the radio I think how well her music has held up over the years. She's great.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Here’s a favorite of mine live:

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Good for them. Truly.

What I cant understand is why Triumph has never made it.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am with smschultz on this one, lots of rockers missing and too many wtfs in that Hall.
ELP belongs to the RR HoF, officially or not.
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends!

For sure! They should have been in From the Beginning. And of course my favorite, Tull.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't fathom why Steppenwolf never made it as a band, only "Born to be Wild" as a single.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
I can't fathom why Steppenwolf never made it as a band, only "Born to be Wild" as a single.

The Pusher is one of my favorite songs.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I guess I’m glad for Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart, good for them, but the RnR HoF long ago rendered itself irrelevant both by its omissions and by many that have been inducted.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great talent great voice
It's about seven years too late.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I was born an original sinner and I have long been a Eurythmics fan. Anne's voice is the key. Their videos fit the MTV edginess of the time. Dave is the underappreciated element of the duo.

As for ELP, it would be great to see them in the RnR HoF while Palmer is still alive. IMHO one of the halls greatest fails.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 718 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
glad they made it in, but the snub to Kate Bush was just wrong

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I didn't appreciate Lennox back during the Sweet Dreams era but I can appreciate the talent now. Some of the stuff was weird for weird's sake and never resonated with me.

Dave Stewart's best stuff was with Shakespears Sister (he went as Jean Guiot then). If you're not familiar with them, check them out. Hormonally Yours is a most excellent album.

Posts: 45375 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
They must have enjoyed the induction. They just announced a 40 date tour.

Got any info on this? I can't find it mentioned anywhere.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post