SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ESPN+ users a question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ESPN+ users a question? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
If you have the ESPN+ app can one watch Sports Center live, what time is Sports Center on these days, and is it as good as it was in the 90s (last time I watched with any regularity) or do they add in a bunch of woke garbage?

I grew up watching Sports Center while eating breakfast and getting ready for school. My boys have started watching football highlights on YouTube but they aren’t always up to date.
Would like for them to be able to watch Sports Center if it is still good like it was many years ago.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25346 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We had it with the Disney/Hulu bundle.
At the time, you could not watch live programming (Formupa 1, in my case). Haven't looked at it since, and we just dropped the bundle & went to Disney+ basic.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well that is disappointing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25346 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
ESPN+ app

Link FAQ's

From ESPN

What is ESPN+? How is that different than ESPN?

ESPN+ has thousands of exclusive live events, original studio shows, and acclaimed series that aren’t on the ESPN networks. ESPN+ allows subscribers to purchase UFC PPV events and access an extensive archive of on-demand content (including the entire 30 For 30 library, select ESPN Films, game replays, and more). ESPN+ content is available to stream in HD through the ESPN App on your favorite connected devices (living room devices, phone, tablet, computer, smart TV) and on ESPN.com. ESPN+ also gives you access to exclusive fantasy sports tools and premium articles from some of the most respected voices in sports news and opinion. All of this is available as part of your ESPN+ subscription.

An ESPN+ subscription does not give you access to stream ESPN’s traditional TV networks or the content on them. To stream those networks, you need a television subscription through a cable, satellite or digital provider.

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Well that is disappointing.

That entire ESPN and ESPN+ deal is squirrely. Even though + costs extra, there are things you can't watch on it and have to go the the basic ESPN to watch. It would make more sense for ESPN+ to have everything that base ESPN has plus the extras that come with +

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I got ESPN+ for a month so I could watch a college football game. I found it utterly useless for me otherwise. Canceled it a few weeks later. I kind of assumed I would get basic espn live shows as well...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
I got ESPN+ for a month so I could watch a college football game. I found it utterly useless for me otherwise. Canceled it a few weeks later. I kind of assumed I would get basic espn live shows as well...

I like + because I have two grandsons who play college level sports, and even the smaller schools get coverage with the + deal. But yeah, other than that I don't watch it much. I would cancel it when their sport ends for the year, but it comes with a bundle (Disney, HULU and ESPN+) I get through my Cell phone company.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post