SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TOOL is finally releasing its whole catalog for streaming August 2nd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TOOL is finally releasing its whole catalog for streaming August 2nd Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
It's about time! Awesome...

One of the last remaining music streaming holdouts has relented
Tool was months away from missing the iTunes generation entirely

By Jon Porter on July 30, 2019 4:32 am

Alongside the announcement of its first new album in over a decade, the rock band Tool has said that its catalog will finally be available to stream and to purchase digitally on August 2nd. In an Instagram post first spotted by Pitchfork, the band said its albums would available on “all digital and streaming formats,” which is expected to include the likes of Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and Amazon Prime Music.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/...ic-digital-streaming

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this! It is all on Apple music and I am downloading them all now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I got them all as well.

I'm curious about their new album, and why it took so long to release.

My personal theory is that Maynard has a full plate, and finds his other interests more fulfilling than Tool. They did have a contract to make one final album, and personally the 2 songs they released sounded like "B side material", if you consider the "evolution" of their work. Just my opinion...

I love all his work either way.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The band has had some creative and legal issues that took time to sort out. Maynard has several side projects that drew his attention in the interim. I’m just glad to see a new album on the way.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Maynard was just on Joe Rogans podcast a week or two ago. Interesting interview.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
When one would put a TOOL CD in the car CD player in High School it tended to stay in for a month or so.
Such a weird band but great music.
They’ve had some of their stuff on Amazon Music for a little while now.

I have the TOOL Salival DVD set the videos are pretty wild and the version of Push It on the CD is hands down their best track of all.

Did not realize they did a 2019 tour. Wonder if they’ll have a 2020 tour for the new album.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post