SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What are you're favorite ASMR type youtube channels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you're favorite ASMR type youtube channels Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted
What are you're favorite ASMR type youtube channels that you eagerly wait for the next video to drop?

I'm probably just simple but I like to watch restoration videos where old things are made new again. My favorite restoration channel is my mechanics where old metal things, mostly tools, are restored. There is usually no talking, just the sound of the tools running. It's just very satisfying and relaxing to watch for me.

What is your guilty pleasure to watch on youtube?

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
My mechanics, The Critical Drinker, Ward Carroll to name my top 3. Wranglerstar is good for showing tools and methods for homesteading, although the fact that money is apparently no object is a bit of a dampener.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Lina Grace

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
What’s ASMR?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
What’s ASMR?

Thanks! I too wondered but a search only came up with "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR)."

We've had laments about folks posting acronyms before in the "What's Your Deal!" section, but some just don't understand that not everyone speaks "their language." Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the acronym means and I am too lazy to look up this morning.

That said from what I understood it was noises like rain or crinkling paper or the constant click open and closed of a knife or bubble wrap. Etc. Etc. Etc. That folks could lose themselves in. Sort of white noise.

I have never heard it in relation to watching YouTube or any other “content” so to speak. Only as far as those “white noise” type things you can lose yourself in / relax listening to things.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
If it's too much effort to read the first 2 paragraphs of Wikipedia on ASMR, why make the effort to post in the thread?

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What's ASMR?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What's ASMR?

Had to look it up myself. Eek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR

quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
If it's too much effort to read the first 2 paragraphs of Wikipedia on ASMR, why make the effort to post in the thread?

Why start ambiguous threads and rile up the crowd to boot? Confused

PS... I liked the video but it could have been better labeled, IMO.

Posts: 22856 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not ASMR per se, but I find the following to be relaxing:

Torbjörn Åhman - Swedish blacksmith who hand-makes tools. No talking, so this is probably the closest to what you're wanting.
https://www.youtube.com/channe...aYYQzNMLo2U6rSNLpghg

Townsends - Late 1700s/early 1800s history, cooking, homesteading, etc. There's just something about the hosts' voice/delivery that's relaxing.
https://www.youtube.com/channe...2d4As312LulcajAkKJYw

Essential Craftsman - Very experienced carpenter/blacksmith/house builder who gives tips on tools/construction/etc. Also very calming and relaxing delivery, plus very informative.
https://www.youtube.com/c/essentialcraftsman/videos

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
ASMR

I'm not sure I get this, in context of watching a restoration of an axe. (which was very well done, and worth watching IMO)

Is it being postulated that some subset of humanity gets tingly sensations watching woodworking and metal craftsmanship?

If so, either I need to get out a lot more...or a lot less.....

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
WTEF

Posts: 13163 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Ocean Conservation Namibia. My Mechanics and other restorative programs of that ilk.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MR Chickadee

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Wow that came out nice!

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Not sure it is asmr but this guys videos put me in a relaxed mood and I often end up napping after a couple.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
following this thread like a hawk LOL

I have found these ASMR deals to be great, My FAV is the barber ones.

I wonder what makes this so pleasurable to people, ??? the quietness, the LACK of having to talk/communicate/listening and digest..does it feed a basic need to just be entertained ??

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the channel suggestions.

Here's one that occasionally shows up in my recommendations.

Girl With The Dogs

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I also like the shoe and boot resole/restore channels.

Trenton & Heath

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Men With A Pot

It's a Polish guy who cooks tasty dishes in the forest, while showing off cool knives. Generally no talking, just the calming sounds of slicing knives and sizzling food.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...q7KT8bwfiBw/featured

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post