SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jay Leno's Garage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jay Leno's Garage Login/Join 
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted
Jay has this series on youtube where he showcases his collection, and sometimes cool rides that belong to friends. It seems like he is such a genuine down to earth guy that loves wrenching around despite his millions. I'm watching the episode of his 1996 Viper GTS, now.
If you are a gear head, you'd probably like this.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
He is a genuine gearhead and actually drives his cars, which is awesome.

I just watched a James May special on Amazon Prime - James May's Cars of the People, season 2 episode 3.

In it he meets up with Jay Leno who has what I think is the only remaining turbine-powered car still in working order. They not only tool around SoCal with it but he let's May drive it.

Leno is a great car guy and he loves sharing his passion with others.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If you want a different perspective about Jay's car collection, you should look up other car channels for videos where they visit his garage.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Check out the episode where Jay is showing the Doble. Quite possibly the finest motorcar ever made.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The Motor Trend CNBC TV channel also has it.

quote:
It seems like he is such a genuine down to earth guy that loves wrenching around despite his millions.

He is supposed to be a really nice guy. I recall an article in TV Guide from the 1990s that was about the nicest people in Hollywood to work with or for, in which he was prominently mentioned. (Others were Angela Lansbury, Jane Seymour and Heather Locklear.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I like about Leno is he does not focus on supercars and often does a show on more ordinary cars that were everyday drivers. He did a segment on the Chevy Corvair pickup.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I look forward to each new season. He seems to be having such a great time. What a great way to spend the money you've earned--way better than donating it to charity, starting a foundation in your name, bailing out felons, etc.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'll watch his CNBC show but lately it's his Jay Leno's Garage YouTube channel that's gotten my attention. Just him and one of his interesting cars in depth. Very relaxed and informative, usually about a half hour on one car.

With the Covid, he can't produce multi-element new shows, he's found a different way to highlight his passion.

YouTube has become a desert for me, I'd always have it on as background noise, social or political stuff usually. That's all gone or horribly diluted. I fire up JLG thinking I'll switch back to it if something sounds interesting, I end up watching the whole show.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he would consider giving personal tours for $3,000.00 an hour ?
90 minute minimum

I know he does not need the money, but it could go to charity

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The Motor Trend CNBC TV channel also has it.

quote:
It seems like he is such a genuine down to earth guy that loves wrenching around despite his millions.

He is supposed to be a really nice guy. I recall an article in TV Guide from the 1990s that was about the nicest people in Hollywood to work with or for, in which he was prominently mentioned.

I have a friend who graduated from high school with Jay (Andover, MA). She went to a reunion and when Jay arrived he was swarmed by all the jocks, cheerleaders and other gladhanders who had ignored him when he was their nerdy, gearhead classmate. He was polite and gracious, signed autographs, posed for photos, etc. He then went and hung out for the rest of the night with the people who had been his real friends those many years ago.

My wife's cousin worked on the Tonight Show as some sort of sub-producer. When he retired, she knew she would never again work for anyone at NBC as nice and genuine as Jay.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have met and spoken briefly with Jay Leno on two separate occasions, once at a car show in California and once at a performance in Virginia. I can attest to the fact that he is a very down to earth individual. No entourage, just wandering around talking with people.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post