SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Designated Survivor...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designated Survivor... Login/Join 
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
So "SEAL Team 6" flies from Little Creek, to northern Mali to infiltrate Algeria and back. Jet lag must not be a thing in this world.

Just one example of the suspension of reality required for this show...still watching, wife likes it.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I'm still watching. Latest episode was good IMO. Getting more interesting. The Congresswoman is extremely annoying other than that I'm enjoying it.

It doesn't bother you that the ONLY two Republicans on the show are portrayed as evil schemers?

I'm not even seeing political party bs it's playing out as DC politics in general which are pathetic and disgusting and I like Sutherlands character and how he has acted thus far. Both parties are decimated at this point and real character is surfacing from everyone involved it's given a breathe of fresh air to the government IMO. We will have to wait and see how it plays out but I like it so far.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
No epi this week (CMA Awards). See you on the 9th (some of you)...

e06: The Interrogation
Shots are fired at the White House during a Governors Summit; President Kirkman must regroup after his plans for electing a new Congress are thrown into turmoil; Agent Wells makes a shocking discovery while investigating the Capitol bombing.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I guess I hadn't known Kirkman was a registered Independent. For some reason I thought he was a Dem.

Of course I'm really wondering how the election upset will affect future writes. Not sure how far ahead they write these episodes. Well he's already got the Congress, much like our P.E.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
... and cue the Syrian refugee issue in last night's episode and paint anyone who would actually attempt to vet immigrants before entering as cold blooded and heartless. I'm done.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Sooooo....you are still letting people in even though you don't know the full extent of the threat...?

Should closed the borders sooner. Or would that have panicked the citizens?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
... and cue the Syrian refugee issue in last night's episode and paint anyone who would actually attempt to vet immigrants before entering as cold blooded and heartless. I'm done.

Exactly right. I ended my watching of this lefty propaganda show after the attack on the White House dinner, which, of course, was done with an AR-15.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Oh come on, if you're an insignificant terrorist sympathizer and you want to rattle off some probably useless shots at such a place, the AR is only the most common semi auto in North America. Would you be happier if they used some obscure rifle that no one has heard of?

This show still has some potential I'm not gonna get bent out of shape by such little things.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:

Exactly right. I ended my watching of this lefty propaganda show after the attack on the White House dinner, which, of course, was done with an AR-15.

I am still watching but that was pretty bad. Not only it was an AR-15 but "it has a range of 1800 yards" of which the hidden message was "and anyone can walk into a gun store and buy one". Roll Eyes

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I missed that episode and for some reason it's not available on "on demand" but the other 4 are. Mad

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I noticed that too. I was able to watch on my laptop from the link below.

http://abc.go.com/shows/design...vivor/episode-guide/

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Tonight's episode was a lot more international espionagish than political (and therefore politically correctish).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Tonight's episode was a lot more international espionagish than political (and therefore politically correctish).

I missed it this week. Did the FBI Director find the balls to tell them about the congressman?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:

I missed it this week. Did the FBI Director find the balls to tell them about the congressman?

No episode this week. There was a special on the real D.S.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
quote:

No episode this week. There was a special on the real D.S.

Do you mean this 20/20 segment?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/vid...ed-survivor-43750168

I do not watch DS, but I'd love to see the special on the real DS. It is not listed on the DS page:

http://abc.go.com/shows/designated-survivor

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^^That's the one, Sigmund.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Tonight's installment (Episode 8):

quote:
A national emergency forces Kirkman to consider canceling the election to vote for a new House of Representatives; at the same time, he also deals with fallout from a leaked report of Majid Nassar's death.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Re-engaging. Tonight's installment was way more focused than last week's mushy and confusing plotlines. A gotcha moment, a saw-that-coming, and next week teaser (the season finale) ending with a bang. Even possible redemption for the stereotype conniving Republican.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying it. Kind of Clancy like.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It's getting better by the episode IMO. Last one was excellent.