SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fun facts to know and tell about Sonny Crocket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun facts to know and tell about Sonny Crocket Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
"Over the course of the series, Crockett also armed himself with a backup weapon in an ankle holster. In the pilot, this was a Detonics Pocket 9 in 9mm Parabellum"

I didn't know that.

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wik...%22Sonny%22_Crockett

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Alligator was named Elvis.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So he played college football before he was 18, and was drafted despite having a debilitaing "sports injury"? OK.......

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
He carried a Bren Ten that actually worked!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
He once blew a helicopter out of the sky with a single shot from his 10mm.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I never watched the show, is that how the series ended with them quitting?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a time that Bren Tens were shipped without magazines due to a shortage of same . One story of that era was that in one episode of the show, Sonny during a foot chase performed a tactical reload . Supposedly more than one Bren Ten owner showed up at the location hoping to find the dropped magazine .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Being divorced, did not make Sonny a "widower".

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Being divorced, did not make Sonny a "widower".

"...from his first marriage..."

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
If I was in his shoes I'd have been all over that Gina Calabrese.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A b s o l u t e l y !!!!
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Later on in the series did Sonny switch from a Bren Ten to a S&W 4506 or 1006? Or is that my imagination running wild again?

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Later on in the series did Sonny switch from a Bren Ten to a S&W 4506 or 1006? Or is that my imagination running wild again?

You're correct.

Sonny started out with a Sig P220 in the pilot episode. He then switched to a Bren Ten for Seasons 1 and 2, with a Detonics Combatmaster as a backup. In Seasons 3 and 4, Sonny switches to a S&W 645, but keeps the Combatmaster as his backup. In Season 5, Sonny primarily uses a S&W 4506, with a S&W 6906 as a backup/off duty gun. And during the portion of Season 5 where Sonny suffers amnesia and believes himself to be a drug cartel enforcer, he carries a two-tone Sig P220.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Actually I think he technically had a Browning BDA in the first episode. Yeah I know still technically a P220. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
A b s o l u t e l y !!!!
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:

just googled up Sandra Santiago ( the actress that played her) wow.. that is one well put together woman.

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
He once blew a helicopter out of the sky with a single shot from his 10mm.

He did? I remember him taking out a helicopter in NY after unloading an entire mag into it, and I remember him using a flare gun to explode one in season 5 (a flare so powerful it changed the helicopter from a Gazelle into a Hughes 500 before exploding it).

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And don't forget, regardless the countless shootouts where they take cover behind the ferrari; It never gets even one bullet hole. Those ferraris were bulletproof.

And regardless duty gun he used, whenever he fired... People would have to wear earplugs for that canon sound coming out of it.

Posts: 809 | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post