SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lanterns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Lanterns Login/Join 
Member
Picture of tartan427
posted
Has anyone else been watching Lanterns on HBO? I read the comic book as a kid, and this is "not" that Green Lantern. That being said, I'm enjoying this "darker" version of what may be the future of the character.
 
Posts: 712 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I turned it off when they started talking about white privilege.
 
Posts: 14932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing clips on YouTube and it looks interesting, but I’m seeing 30 seconds at a time. It seems like Hal Jordan seems to be retiring from the Corps and is training Jon as his replacement?



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 18557 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
It does have some wokeness in regards to John Stewarts character and how/when he was selected. However, the dialogue between him and Hal Jordan is very entertaining. Kyle Chandler, who plays Jordan, is hilarious in my opinion.
 
Posts: 1375 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
We are watching it. I'm enjoying it.

It won't win any awards. But it keeps me interested.
 
Posts: 6882 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lanterns

© SIGforum 2026