SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Farewell Jimmy Buffett! Jimmy Has Passed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell Jimmy Buffett! Jimmy Has Passed Login/Join 
posted
Being reported on his website. https://www.jimmybuffett.com/

Seen many a concerts and loved his music.
My favorite!

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on one of the news feeds. Very sorry to hear this. I had hoped to attend a concert in the near future.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
When starting out he didn't fit into the country genre and didn't quite fit into the rock genre, so he created his own. A true pioneer.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" made me start using Heinz 57 sauce on my burgers. Years ago, I almost went native while in Key West, eating at his restaurant, having a margarita or two after traveling on a scooter to get there.

Legend.

Remember this one well from nearly 50 years ago.
Almost like he's doing one more Labor Day weekend show.

Posts: 3225 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Frown

I'll always think of him as walking down the avenue that's known as A1A or makin' points with the stewardess, high over Long Island Sound.

RIP, Mr. Buffett.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
RIP Son of a sailor... Frown

Posts: 2166 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
RIP, Jimmy Frown Thanks for the music, man.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Frown

Enjoyed his music and even his books. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This breaks my old assed friggin heart…he has always been one of my favorite performers…saw him at the Fox in Atlanta way back in the 70s…RIP Jimmy and scarf down that cheeseburger in Paradise and enjoy…we on this side will miss you Frown.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my copy of the four CD set "Boats Beaches Bars and Ballads" (from many years ago) ready for the player. First, I need to run out for cheeseburger fixings and a large brew. No parrot shirt but have a Hawaiian one. Jimmy Buffett Day in my home begins around 2:00.

Posts: 3225 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Got my copy of the four CD set "Boats Beaches Bars and Ballads" (from many years ago) ready for the player. First, I need to run out for cheeseburger fixings and a large brew. No parrot shirt but have a Hawaiian one. Jimmy Buffett Day in my home begins around 2:00.

Smile Smile Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Frown

I knew this day would come, but this one is hitting me hard.

Given the timing of his passing, I gotta believe he fought to make it to this particular weekend, given the lyrics from all those decades ago, if for nothing else but the irony.

He wasn't just a singer/ songwriter...he was a storyteller. Thanks for the memories Jimmy. I'll raise a margarita to you this evening.

The backstory to the video is included in this clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...b21lIG1vbmRheQ%3D%3D

Smile @ 10 minutes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFcbLoXtCNU

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
World wide toast! Raise a glass to Jimmy tonight @ 5PM Key West Time!

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew he was a pilot but did not know he had such a fleet of planes:

...Buffett now has a Commercial Pilot License with ratings for multi-engine land and sea aicraft, and an instrument rating for flying in clouds and low weather. He also holds type ratings for the Cessna Citation 500-series jets, the Falcon 50 and 900, and the Grumman Albatross...

Complete article:

https://buffettworld.com/aviation/

More:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-w...ts-legacy-in-the-sky

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
A talent who most people could relate to with regards to his music.

Attended a couple of his concerts and love the vibe he brought to so many.

R.I.P. Mr. Buffet!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking of Don McLean's, "The Day The Music Died".

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I stole this off another forum's post:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I keep thinking of Don McLean's, "The Day The Music Died".

I've had the same exact thought.

Buffett's label just released this previously recorded song. It may not be one of his most commercially successful or popular, but there's insight and comfort in the lyrics. I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect he wrote this knowing the tour was coming to an end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...YnViYmxlcyB1cA%3D%3D

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've had Buffett on non-stop since I heard the news Saturday. Seems like he wrote the soundtrack to my life. I was lucky enough to see him a few times, and I always embraced the craziness of the Parrothead culture. Fair winds and following seas, JB.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post