SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yesterday was a music landmark and I missed it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday was a music landmark and I missed it Login/Join 
posted
March 1, 1973 was the release of Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon. According to RIAA this album is certified 45x platinum, and is 26th on their list as the best selling albums of all time. My 19 year old was the one who told me this.

What a gem of an album.

Posts: 882 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
What a gem of an album.
Absolutely! It’s probably my 4th favorite Pink Floyd album.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A true milestone in rock music!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve undoubtedly posted before that I saw Pink Floyd touring this album, in a relatively small venue, Denver University Arena. I did some research and found out that they began touring BEFORE the album was released in March of ‘73. I saw them in September of ‘72. I guess they kinda worked up the songs on the road. I know that “Great Gig in the Sky” was performed strictly as an instrumental, no female vocal.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TMats that would have been fun. I was just learning to walk. I did get to see them at Soldier Field in ‘94.

Posts: 882 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Love both DSOTM and Wish you were here but to me the masterpiece is The Wall.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12088 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I saw them at the Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis during their DSOTM Tour in 1973. It was incredible. Hard to believe it's been 50 years.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post