SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Comrade Detective
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comrade Detective Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Discovered yesterday on Amazon Prime one quirky show... "Comrade Detective" This is a Romanian 1980's crime show developed by the government to promote communism.... it is well worth watching the first episode... guess who the bad guys are?

Capitalist America!

It's been dubbed into English and some of the lines are a hoot.... let alone the mysterious evil bad guy in a Nixon mask....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
This was a fun watch for us but definitely binge and go.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bit of an acquired taste. I watched several episodes. The Americans as over the top capitalist dogs/badguys is so bad it's good.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
They got me at first, I guess I'm easily fooled... but about 5 minutes into episode 2 I decided to look it up on Wikipedia ....

American made farce.... filmed in Romania with Romania actors in Romanian and then dubbed over in English to make it look more real. I had a feeling it had to been a farce when one of the detectives is searching a car and then finds hidden in a resown seat this strange box... with Monopoly written on it.... then the head detective takes it to his parents in a political prison to find out that it is an evil Capitalist game used to brain wash children into the capitalist system.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Discovered yesterday on Amazon Prime one quirky show... "Comrade Detective" This is a Romanian 1980's crime show developed by the government to promote communism.... it is well worth watching the first episode... guess who the bad guys are?

Capitalist America!

It's been dubbed into English and some of the lines are a hoot.... let alone the mysterious evil bad guy in a Nixon mask....

Reagan

Not Nixon

Trailer here:

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I gave up on episode 2 when the evil smuggling capitalist were throw jeans out of the back of a truck for free....

Reagan mask makes more sense.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
You could try the Ushanka Show on YT. Childhood tales of the young Comrade John Wayne Cheeseburger in soviet Ukraine. The banana story is hilarious.

I like the czech films of the 'magical' genre such as 'Saxanna'. But its hit-or-miss with english subtitles and random uploads.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post