SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Login/Join 
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the books and the movies, with Prisoner of Azkaban being my favorite in both categories.

My daughters were around 10 and 12 when they discovered the books. We bought the first four books, they read and loved them, and then we waited for the last three to be released. We purchased them, they flipped a coin to see who got the book first, we set a timer for 60 minutes, and then they'd switch for an hour. That was how the younger one learned to really enjoy reading.

Our son, who was very young at the time the girls were fighting over the book, has very severe autism. The Harry Potter series of movies are up there with Disney/Pixar movies as his favorites so we've seen the movies many, many times at our house. His favorites are Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, and Deathly Hallows (1 and 2).

EDIT: I forgot, my son loves the LEGO Harry Potter video games, too.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finished the series of movies last night and overall very impressed with the stories and the incredible special effects. Come to think of it, being as old as it is, the special effects are even more impressive. My only complaint was the second to last movie, part one, was very slow for me.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
My only complaint was the second to last movie, part one, was very slow for me.

It wasn't very slow for you. It was just very slow.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I started our annual Harry Potter marathon about a week ago. At the rate we watch movies lately, we hope to be done by Christmas (we're not even through the first one yet). She loved the books, and I read them not long after I met her. I liked the books as well, and we really enjoy the movies. I agree that Deathly Hallows part one has it's trying moments.

Posts: 2129 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
We do the same every year as well, usually starting around Thanksgiving week.

I've never read the books, but do enjoy the movies. 4 & 5 were at the peak.

The last 2 movies had too many offscreen deaths of some major characters, which diminishes some of the emotional impact of their deaths.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1048 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post