SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Transformers: Bumblebee trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transformers: Bumblebee trailer Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
https://youtu.be/lcwmDAYt22k

This actually looks really good. Can’t possibly be worse than the last few movies.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I saw a montage 'trailer' of multiple clips yesterday.
Doesn't look bad.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Is this a prequel or a reboot or what?

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I think it’s a prequel. If I’m correct, Bumblebee was sent to Earth long before Optimus Prime and the others—at least within the realm of the movie universe.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Looks much more promising than the last few.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The regular Transformer movies are terrible so I’ll punt this to cable next year. The director of this has literally never directed a film before, just one previous release with a director credit, which was animation. Will be velveeta.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The regular Transformer movies are terrible so I’ll punt this to cable next year. The director of this has literally never directed a film before, just one previous release with a director credit, which was animation. Will be velveeta.

Kubo and the Two Strings is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, much of Bumblebee will be animated and voice-acted, so it seems like a good fit for this guy.

I'll see it just to see classicly designed Transformers. Shockwave, Soundwave and Ravage? Triple-changers? Sign me up!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I'd actually prefer, and be more likely to donate, to Michael Bay on a street corner with a tin cup begging for change,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I never saw this in the theater but just watched it. It's actually really good!

There are a bunch of Transformers that are familiar if you were a fan of the comics. Shockwave, Ravage, Soundwave, Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Arcee, Wheeljack, and Brawn are all shown in the opening scene. Of course, so are Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. There's even a nod to the original form for Optimus Prime, as well as the use of the iconic song from the movie, "The Touch," though I thought its use was in poor form.

I'm glad I saw it and recommend it to fans of the '80s era of Transformers.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Is this a prequel or a reboot or what?

Haven't seen it yet.

As I understand it, the Bumblebee movie takes place within the timeframe from the cartoon show to the beginning of the first movie. That would place it somewhere within the 1986 - 2005 timeframe.

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Shockwave, Ravage, Soundwave, Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Arcee, Wheeljack, and Brawn are all shown in the opening scene.

Sounds like it would be worth watching. The ones I'd like to see would be Raiden, Overlord, and Thunderwing...

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm glad I saw it and recommend it to fans of the '80s era of Transformers.

Cool. I'll have to check it out.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
This is a good flick, I liked it. Had some great action scenes, good humor, it is one of the best Transformer films.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post