SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New action movie "The Contractor"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New action movie "The Contractor" Login/Join 
posted
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10323676/

"After being involuntarily discharged from the U.S. Special Forces, James Harper (Chris Pine) decides to support his family by joining a private contracting organization alongside his best friend (Ben Foster) and under the command of a fellow veteran (Kiefer Sutherland). Overseas on a covert mission, Harper must evade those trying to kill him while making his way back home."

Trailers:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10323676/videogallery/

Reviews are mixed:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10323676/reviews

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was really good. The dialogue (both personal and professional) between the SF guys seemed genuine, the fight scenes (both gun and hand) looked professional, and although it took a while for things to cook off I liked the time they took for character development.

I'm hoping our forum members that were/are SF will see the movie and comment on how real and accurate it is regarding operations, weapons handling, firefight, etc. as it all impressed me as authentic, but what I know of such things comes from books or the rare sharing of such things by those who have been there and done that.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. For me it depends on the plot, and its believablity.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trailers look good. Hopefully the whole movie will measure up to the trailers.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I liked it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I can't watch any more Chris Pine movies, because all I see is "that's Chris Pine".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be confused with The Contractor featuring Wesley Snipes in a boring forgettable and confusing film.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well made movie that just wasn’t very good. Didn’t make a ton of sense. Lots of “well ok” moments. Watch it for free is my advice. It’s not awful just not very good either.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Wish I hadn´t bothered.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it a few days ago needed something to do so I watched it and boy was it forgettable.

Not a movie I would recommend to watch it was all over the place and not that good of a movie. By the time it was over thank god I streamed it for free because if I had to pay for it would have been so angry.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It was ok, not spectacular.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post