SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nefarious (2023)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nefarious (2023) Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
Nefarious (2023)

I haven't see any discussion on this movie, but I saw it last week, and am seeing it again today.

It start Sean Patrick Flanery as a serial killer on his day of execution; he claims he is possessed by a demon. A psychologist, played by Jordan Belfi, is brought in to determine whether he is sane enough to go through with the execution at 11:00pm. Most of the movie is interaction between those two, similar to the interaction between Dr. Lecter and Clarisse in Silence of the Lambs, but this is more about the nature of demons and evil in our world than catching a serial killer.

The dialog/writing is phenomenal, as is the acting. This is not a B movie - production values are what you'd expect from an A-list movie.

Though it is rated R, there is no sex, nudity, language, or a single drop of blood in it; however, there is one intense scene near the end that is not nearly as graphic as Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

It's considered a prequel of sorts to Steve Deace's book A Nefarious Plot, which is a modern version of C. S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6129 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things. Is it in theaters or streaming?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30875 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
In theaters. You can find out where, near you, at the link I provided. You can also see the trailers here or on YouTube.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6129 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I saw it this week and thought it was excellent.

It is not like the Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, etc. No firestorms, floating demons, or girls vomiting pea soup. But, it (should) give you some food for thought about the existence of demons and the reality of hell.

Posts: 6561 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it yet but will based on this thread. It's interesting to see the 31% from critics juxtaposed with the 97% from audience on rotten tomatoes. The leftist critics must not like the morality play, good vs evil judgements. Whenever there is a significant difference between the two ratings, it is because of politics and wokeness, IMO.

Posts: 4459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As big fan of both this type of movie and The Screwtape Letters, I am going to see this as soon as it becomes available as a physical release. I appreciate the heads-up. Edited to add that the leftist hate in the reviews for this film are making my desire to see it even greater.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,

Posts: 2457 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Now available for rental streaming on a variety of platforms.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
Wow! just a fantastic movie.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 561 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I saw it this week and thought it was excellent.

It is not like the Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, etc. No firestorms, floating demons, or girls vomiting pea soup. But, it (should) give you some food for thought about the existence of demons and the reality of hell.

Perhaps Exocist 3? "I've been taught by The Master". Hope to see Nefarious sometime.

Posts: 3594 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I had planned on going to see it again, but it was gone from my local theaters. Now, I plan on buying it on Blu-ray.

Posts: 6561 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your recommendation. Very powerful movie!

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 272 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading the review(s) from a few sites including C.A.R.M., it seems it is a non-woke movie and I am sure the left will not like how they beliefs are portrayed. All the more reason to see it.

Posts: 7052 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Couldn't get past the point where the "doctor" from JOHN'S HOPKIN's lost his cool and shoved the documentation off the table. A that point I feel it was pretty unrealistic.

SPF was amazing per the usual though. They should have cast someone else as the doctor.

“Everybody's got plans...until they get hit.” Mike Tyson

Posts: 282 | Location: OC, CA | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Damn, what a ride.

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just watched it on Netflix.
I was thoroughly captivated.
SPF was great, great dialogue Smile

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I've seen it three times now. Just a terrific movie.

posted Hide Post
We caught it on Prime, I don't believe I've ever seen Sean Patrick Flanery before but he def has talent.

Personally felt the movie was a bit overacted all around, but the wife really enjoyed it and thats more than enough for me to watch it again if she wants.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1954 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Just watched it on Netflix.
I was thoroughly captivated.
SPF was great, great dialogue Smile

When did you watch it on Netflix? I have been waiting for it to come to Netflix.
Guess I missed it!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25661 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

When did you watch it on Netflix? I have been waiting for it to come to Netflix.
Guess I missed it!

Apologize, just checked and it was actually Prime Video .

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Just watched the first 5 minutes to get a taste and... wow. I can't wait to watch this tonight.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10568 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post