SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nefarious (2023)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nefarious (2023) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Been wanting to watch this myself. Flannery is a good actor and he has had other roles in Saw:Final Chapter and of course The Boondock Saints 1 and 2.

Posts: 6987 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Watched this last night and I was captivated by Flannery's portrayal of the demon possessed serial killer. Makes Heath Ledgers portrayal of the Joker look like high school drama. I agree there could have been better casting for the psychologists role. He was believable but Flannery's acting totally overshadowed and exposed his lesser acting skills. I may watch this again tonight as I always miss some of the dialogue the first time around.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8583 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Excellent movie, the wife and I watched it last night

Posts: 5437 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it and it was very good. I read about the author, director and cast after seeing it and learned of the many issues they had making it. It was supposed to be a PG movie made to show younger audiences-teens, about demonic possession and give it a Christian message,(about the "Carpenter") but it was given a rated "R" due to violence-broken finger/electrocution. Funny/interesting as that was, as I remember seeing many "G/PG" movies when I was younger, with Doug McClure-many movies I loved for the time, that had much worse in them.

Posts: 6987 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finally got a chance to watch this and I was not disappointed what an excellent movie!
What’s pretty wild is my wife and I went to Sam’s Club this evening before watching the movie and we were looking through the books and my wife was looking at the kids section and immediately became pissed off. They had these graphic novels 5 Nights at Freddy’s, zombie stuff, just awful awful stuff that kids should not be seeing/reading (it’s a graphic novel so more seeing than reading in this case) she asked why on earth would people even make these books for kids and then why would Sam’s put them right there next to the good wholesome kids books?
I just looked at her and said because evil has to start desensitizing everyone at a young age.
When the scene came up about the stages of possession and how the demons have to start very young with simple things like stealing toys and getting a Ouija from grandma and then he specifically says they have to start desensitizing people at a young age, boy did I get a chill and my wife and I just turned and looked at each other.

Great movie, great message.

quote:
Originally posted by KCFormula:
Watched it last night. Couldn't get past the point where the "doctor" from JOHN'S HOPKIN's lost his cool and shoved the documentation off the table. A that point I feel it was pretty unrealistic.

SPF was amazing per the usual though. They should have cast someone else as the doctor.

I think you missed the point of that scene completely and I have to admit I did too until later on in the film. I thought it seemed silly and out of place for the character then later I realized It was letting us know that the demon had actually possessed him. That was a physical action/outburst that was out of character for him or someone in his profession in that situation.
I think it was showing the Dr. was truly no longer in control.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25582 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post