SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    White House plumbers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White House plumbers Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted
Has anyone heard any buzz about this- it looks good?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

I see no trailer or synopsis of what the show is about. If you're interested in the show, give us a reason to be, too.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's about the Nixon guys who got caught in the Watergate Hotel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Plumbers

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks to be an HBO series

quote:

White House Plumbers tells the story of how Nixon’s own political saboteurs and Watergate masterminds, E. Howard Hunt (Woody Harrelson) and G. Gordon Liddy (Justin Theroux), accidentally toppled the presidency they were zealously trying to protect. White House Plumbers is coming to HBO March 2023.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thanks for stepping up for me, Sigmund and P250UA5! That’s exactly what I was talking about (the miniseries). Sorry for any confusion- I mostly just check in here for series and movies, so I’m thinking everyone is on the same wave.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well I will confess the first time I worked and was in the White House there were some plumbers ripping out George Jr's bathroom... on the 2nd floor.

But maybe that's not what this is about.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I kind of remember enough from the original.
This whole mess dragged on for years, finally ending (sort of) with Jimmy Carter being elected because the country was so tired of the mess and a lot of knee jerk legislative actions that were poorly thought out.
Maybe a condensed movie version that's actually true to history would be good for the younger folks, but somehow I suspect this will be the PC Hollywood version.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post