SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TCM Movie Alert: The Fog of War
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCM Movie Alert: The Fog of War Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Errol Morris has created some of the most compelling documentaries ever, and his 2003 The Fog of War is no exception.

Regardless of your political views and regardless of what you think- if anything- about Robert McNamara, The Fog of War is well worth your time.

Disregard the parallels drawn between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War. This comparison is a product of the time in which this documentary was made.

Morris' documentary style makes his film fascinating to watch, and so do the comments and perspective of McNamara.

Airing Wednesday, March 29 at 8 pm Eastern

This will draw you in:

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
100% drawn in...
I had never watched any of Morris's documentaries before - the style is, for me anyway, totally engaging - that 6 minute clip left me wanting to see the rest.
Thanks! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3926 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I consider myself a history buff, and as a Boomer, whose dad and uncles were all WWII vets, especially knowledgeable about that war. I learned things in 6 minutes that I never knew before. I will record it for sure. Thanks

ETA: Just tried to record this and saw the “nullified eye” symbol along with a notification saying, “This program’s unavailable for streaming on the internet.” That’s not what I’m trying to do. About all I can do is try to tune in at 1800 Mountain and see if it will let me record then.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post