SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
Anybody else playing? I finally got my collectors edition today and started. I'm interested to hear your feedback on the game so far as there are a ton of opinions. I'm loving it so far!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've played a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time
My kids both have a Switch, might have to look into it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
It's on my list. I don't think my 10 year old and I are anywhere close to beating the last one on Switch. So complex and so much to do.

But I've watched some videos and this one looks pretty good!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The two Zeldas on Switch are the biggest reason I’m looking to get one. Several of my friends locally won’t stop talking about the new one.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have played a few hours now. I like it. It is a continuation of BotW, with underground areas and several new skills/abilities that seem like they will make this fun. The shrine puzzles have been good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Came across a Switch and BotW on the first day it came out. Played it over a year.

Found the last TotK at Wal-Mart before it sold out at 6:45 in the morning on the 12th.

Haven't played much, but I have half of the underground lit up.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Do you break swords as quickly in this game or did they tone that down from Breath of the Wild?

Posts: 4151 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Do you break swords as quickly in this game or did they tone that down from Breath of the Wild?

Weapons are still fragile.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved and beat ‘Breath of the Wild’.

With ‘Tears’ so far I almost feel a bit overwhelmed with how much can be done, especially with the new fuse ability. Check out YouTube for all of the crazy builds people are making.

I’m focusing now on the various quests to at least keep me moving forward instead of running around and trying to find stuff at random.

Posts: 993 | Location: Northwest NJ | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems like crawling around in the dark is more fun than solving shrines so far.

Tuning on the lights and building batteries seems to be a good start (now about that stamina wheel...).

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good to see I'm not the only one. This game is absolutely ridiculous, wondering where I'll find the time to explore all of it. Took on and beat the big construct today, that was a lot of fun.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post