Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet Train Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Saw this tonight at the theater. Brad Pitt is the lead. The plot revolves around a case that Pitt (a hitman or SAD type contractor) is trying to retrieve, and a bunch of other similar people with their own motivations trying to either grab the same case, or assassinate one another for reasons that gradually become clear. A convoluted story that seems to go on for hours (about 2). Lots of gore, a plethora of witticisms from Mr. Pitt et al.

I would characterize this movie as an attempt to produce a 'Tarantinoesque' type of movie which tries a bit too hard to make it. Plenty of topical music and the use of flashbacks throughout the film.

There is a scene after the credits start if you want to wait around that cleans up a character arc.

I foresee a sequel if this movie does well enough at the box office.

I give this 6 Red Apple cigarettes out of 10.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review.

Saw the preview trailer while watching Maverick and thought it looked entertaining... but it's getting so-so reviews. Talk that Brad Pitt is playing his stereotypical role, not that's necessarily bad IMO, and that while there is a ton of action in the movie, the plot is fairly convoluted and the movie drags on past its entertainment value. One radio host commented that she liked it because she had ridden the bullet train that its supposed to take place on.

Think I'll wait until it reaches the library.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I think this is by the same guy who directed and created John Wick.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The plot revolves around a case that Pitt (a hitman or SAD type contractor) is trying to retrieve, and a bunch of other similar people with their own motivations trying to either grab the same case,

Do they ask What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Probably watch it, since mindless fun with lots of action works for me...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
The plot revolves around a case that Pitt (a hitman or SAD type contractor) is trying to retrieve, and a bunch of other similar people with their own motivations trying to either grab the same case,

Do they ask What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Probably watch it, since mindless fun with lots of action works for me...

It's not a MacGuffin in this movie, the contents actually do play a part in the plot.

There's a nice shoutout to Mr. SLJ and one of his seminal roles as well.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It was a fun movie. Definitely mindless fun. Hints of Tarantino, hints of Guy Ritchie, hints of something like The Usual Suspects. Not a groundbreaking plot by any means but the dialogue was fun and the action was crazy, as expected. I don't care for a ton of those movie, usually, so I only see one every now and then.

And yes, the director made John Wick, Atomic Blonde, and Deadpool 2. He has a stunt background and was a producer on Nobody, as well as having smallish roles in a bunch of action movies.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I just watched this on Saturday and laughed my ass off. It was a super fun move.
"Do you want some water?....Wanna, wanna towel? ...."

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's on Netflix, schweet!

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Yup.
It's totally worth watching.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I loved it. I love quirky characters and this had them in spades and was just a fun flick. Brad Pitt really can do just about any role well.

As was mentioned it has bit of a tarentiniesque’ light sort of feel to it.

I was in a book store the other day and saw a Thomas The Train book and I chuckled out loud.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and i watched it last on Netflix.

Well worth the time.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hated it. It was a well made movie that seemed hindered by its own desire to seem hip. Too flashy, too coy, too cutting edge, too Japanese anime-esque. Headache inducing. I can see why the people who like that would like this movie. You gotta really like that stuff though.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
We just came across this on NF last night. Enjoyed it.

Kind of reminded me of Pitt in Inglorious Bastards

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I watched this last night as well. A very fun movie.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I watched it on a plane, so low expectations. It was a fun action/mystery flick, and I loved it.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. My wife did not.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The GF and I watched it a few days ago and we both liked it.
Sure hope I can age a fraction as well as Brad is.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We saw it last night and it was better than I thought it would be.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I hated it. It was a well made movie that seemed hindered by its own desire to seem hip. Too flashy, too coy, too cutting edge, too Japanese anime-esque. Headache inducing. I can see why the people who like that would like this movie. You gotta really like that stuff though.

Similar. Every joke, didn’t land. Well made like you said, but it was just too over the top. Would have worked better as anime or a cartoon. I enjoyed the PQ, SQ, but the dialog was super lame.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I laughed all the way through. I wasn’t expecting much, so it delivered more than I expected. Loved the cameo towards the end. “I’m not Carver!”

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post