Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet Train Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just watched it on Netflix and was impressed with the whole movie... actually needed to go and do other stuff but could not let it go until the end. My only complaint was the fight over the pistol at the very beginning... what super killer assassin does not keep one in the chamber?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It had Guy Ritchie written all over it.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
I watched it on a plane, so low expectations. It was a fun action/mystery flick, and I loved it.

Same. I watched it on my recent flight to work. Good entertainment to kill those two hours. Definitely had fun watching it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I bailed, in 20 minutes.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I did too.

Given all the positive comments, maybe I'll give it another try.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. I liked it, a fun movie.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
It was a good flick, I liked it a lot. Looks and sounds great on a 4K disc.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Kinda fun

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad, not horrible but, not a must watch either. I enjoyed it, the senior parental units fell asleep immediately after finishing their desserts.

At times it seemed like it was trying to be rather Tarantino-esque with the drawn out monologues, flashbacks and the foreboding bad guy. Michael Shannon's Russian accent is horrible, if you catch it, there's a few times where he looses it and he starts speaking in American English. Big Grin

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I bailed, in 20 minutes.

I had the exact same instinct. Glad to see I’m not alone Razz I was in my HT, and at least the PQ and SQ was there so I gutted it out, and regretted it. Just like other shit films during this mess of the last few years, I just stick the 4k disc back into the envelope and mail it back to my rental place as fast as I can. If it’s raining I’d wait until right before the USPS comes. When the disc sucks I march it out there immediately in the middle of the night and say fuck it. If it rains it rains. If a mother fucker steals it they steal it. I didn’t do anything wrong Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It seemed off. Why Japan? Why yakuza? Why a bullet train? Does it not work if the story was in Europe or the US?

Elements linked nicely together. Some funny parts. But the parts that are off just detracted from the enjoyment for me. Worth a watch but not as good as it could have been.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
It seemed off. Why Japan? Why yakuza? Why a bullet train? Does it not work if the story was in Europe or the US?

Movie is based off a well received Japanese crime trilogy novel. I'm sure the plot of the story could work in any setting, however the source material is set in Japan.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ah, okay, got it. That makes more sense. Still makes the movie a little weird but understand the reason. Just some cog dis between the story and the backdrop. If adapting the story, I would have preferred a more western backdrop.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Elements linked nicely together. Some funny parts. But the parts that are off just detracted from the enjoyment for me. Worth a watch but not as good as it could have been.

I love Japan, and anything with the Yakuza. I even liked The Outsider with Leto.

It has nothing to do with location. If anything that increased my interest. For me it was the script and direction. All the jokes, flat. It was horrible.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah, okay, got it. That makes more sense. Still makes the movie a little weird but understand the reason. Just some cog dis between the story and the backdrop. If adapting the story, I would have preferred a more western backdrop.

I thought the overwhelming number of Western or, non-Japanese main characters was more distracting; I get it, these are international hitmen on assignment. Yet, with all sorts of Japanese cultural touch-points surrounding each scene, the actors were existing as contrasting stand-outs...perhaps that was the goal. The clothing each person had was a unique/outrageous outfit.