Find
Notify
Tools

Jazz type Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I don’t use any music streaming service but listen to new, to me, music almost daily. No longer have a close friend with similar tastes to scout what it’s out there and exchange opinions so am basically on my own. Very curious and nowadays Jazz oriented. My tastes are not far from what konata asked about if not that i moved forward in some aspects.

I do explore most artists discographies if i really like what i find.
Oscar Peterson was back in the mid eighties but still using the same principle.
i think i got this methodology looking at the Rock Trees books.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12254 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Just for the sake of expanding horizons, give Matthew Halsall a shot.

It´s way cool.

0-0

Posts: 12254 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Just for the sake of expanding horizons, give Matthew Halsall a shot.

It´s way cool.

Very mellow <thumbs up>

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Solo piano, very nice.

Scenery, Ryo Fukui

https://youtu.be/Hrr3dp7zRQY?si=9E3iVFrao0fP7jQE

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5993 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I find the streaming services will do my bidding, simply by choosing songs and artists that I like. The streaming services bring me more of the same.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5190 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond were both referenced in my post above. Two links were provided to Paul Desmond material. Desmond was terminally ill and may have expedited his demise with pills. He had no children and named the Red Cross as the beneficiary of his royalties. It estimated that Take Five and other pieces have benefited the RC to the tune of Five Million dollars.

I guess my favorite rock drummer was Charlie Watts, he proved that, with amplification, you don’t have to work yourself into a frenzy to play rock music. Among his influences was the great Joe Morello.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet was Dave Brubeck, piano; Paul Desmond, saxophone; Eugene Wright, bass; and Joe Morello, drums.

Joe Morello mostly played with a traditional, or mixed, grip. You’ll see it throughout his drumming on “Take Five,” until he switches to a matched grip (and flips the sticks around to the heavier end) for the solo.

I read that Paul Desmond, the sax player, specifically wrote this song to show Joe Morello’s ability to play in an odd time signature. Many songs that the Dave Brubeck Quartet performed are in odd time signatures; “Take Five” is in 5/4

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^ I was fortunate enough to see Dave Brubeck live years ago, probably the nineties.
It was pretty great. Cool

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I did too, but at the time I wasn’t yet interested in Jazz. Only a couple of years short…

Got to see Count Basie and Ella performing together, to this day I still don’t enjoy Count’s music. Duke Ellington rules, the rest can take the day off Cool

0-0

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
^^^ I was fortunate enough to see Dave Brubeck live years ago, probably the nineties.
It was pretty great. Cool

ditto

at an outdoor venue, with a thunderstorm in the background far enough off to get the light show but not the rain,

excellent show

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10548 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post