SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I've not seen The Godfather
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've not seen The Godfather Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Any of them.

Discuss.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Do you want to see them? Whats stopped you?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What do you think members might say to you about this?

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What do you think members might say to you about this?

Something along the lines of "You commie SOB"? Big Grin

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
So, what DID they teach you in Freshman Humanities 101?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
You commie SOB!!!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Any of them.

Discuss.

How is that even possible? On the other hand, I have a girlfriend who has never seen Animal House.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
These things happen
I myself have never seen any of the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movies.

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Never take sides against the family.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1904 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't see all of them.

I've never seen Rocky Horror or Titanic.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Have you seen many other more recent gang/mob movies?

Posts: 17892 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one is really good.

Don't care as much for the others.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
IMO, The Last Great American Film made.

It is the top in every department- script, casting, direction, costumes, music, editing, etc. etc. etc.

They simply do not make films like this anymore.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
Never take sides against the family.

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've been considering, recently, taking a day and watching them as I have always heard how great they are/were.

For some reason, I've just never had the desire to watch them. Never watched an episode of The Sopranos either. Perhaps it's just the genre that doesn't do it for me? I don't know. I've watched other mob related shows that I thought were good. Just not these.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
That's exactly the way I felt about pussy in the sixth grade... Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
That's exactly the way I felt about pussy in the sixth grade... Big Grin

Late bloomer huh.... Big Grin

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clear your weekend schedule. Grab a few bottles of a good red wine, toss on your favorite pasta dish, get some good Canoli.

Put on The Godfather

Leave the gun, take the Canoli.

You won't be disappointed! Trust us!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
When I was growing up my father used my bedroom for his book collection. I read the Godfather when I was ten or twelve years old. So I have had no interest in seeing the movies. And the inherited Mennonite kablammo pietism demands that gangsters expire as a culminating feature of cinema. I have seen snippets here and there. I do admire FFC for being true to book and including the scene about selling drugs only to the 'eggplants' because they have no souls. Watch a documentary on the mafia if you prefer.

Try 'America, America' for an under-appreciated epic.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5965 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Listen to CPD SIG.

Some good Chianti, some pasta (I'm thinking spaghetti with marinara sauce, and some sausages, and a little of that Chianti, plus plenty of cheese), and Cannoli don't suck.

Just watch the fuckin' flicks and then you'll be saying:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post