SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Rook
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rook Login/Join 
posted
Is anyone watching "The Rook" on STARZ network?

I saw a trailer for it last weekend and it looked interesting. I think they are about 6 episodes in, so I would have to see if I can go back and binge the first part of the season.

Is it worth the time investment?

No spoilers please.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's an interesting, one-off premise, but not an in-your-face action show. It operates on a more cerebral level, with emphasis on character development and intrigue.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
I liked the book and its sequel a lot, and while the show is quite different, I’m enjoying it so far. It’s a welcome change from Marvel-type mutant fare. I hope the network and the audience give it a chance.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying it so far.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched them all this weekend; I'm hooked. I'll be very disappointed if there is not a second season.

I really like Adrian Lester who plays Conrad Grantchester, he reminds me of Sidney Poitier in his prime.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post