SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Silicon Valley (on HBO Now)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silicon Valley (on HBO Now) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
What a riot this show is. Been binge watching the last couple nights.

Outrageously funny.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Reviving an old thread
Got seaon 1 from a buddy at work, probably start it tonight.
He gave it pretty high praise

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The last season fell apart before it began and wasn't memorable at all but I enjoyed the show through all previous seasons.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Agreed, like a lot of shows the last season is the worst, but it’s not terrible and the show is definitely worth watching. Overall it’s a great show.

The hotel room scene at the end of the first season where he discovers “middle out” might be the funniest couple minutes of TV I have ever seen.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved it……as someone who has worked for small tech companies trying to make it, many of the scenes were all too familiar.

Posts: 993 | Location: Northwest NJ | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
3 episodes in & enjoying it so far.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The last season fell apart before it began and wasn't memorable at all but I enjoyed the show through all previous seasons.

Truish, but the last episode and the wrap-up plot point is perfect.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Yup. Enjoy the show for what it is, a send-up of the tech industry and all the idiosyncrasies that surround it. While it aired, it was a fun change of pace after a Game of Thrones episode.

With a bigger budget they could've really delved into things and skewed this subculture but, then again, bigger budgets = more outside influence which ends up diluting the end product.

Posts: 14567 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wrapped up S1 today, forgot I'd seen the finale hotel room scene on here.
Already on S2E4

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just finished S2, that was kick in the teeth.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
13 days, wrapped up S6 Wednesday night.
Overall, it was enjoyable, though the S6 finale just sort-of ended. Lackluster, IMO.

I think Halt & Catch Fire kept my attention more, but SV was almost as good, for me.
Definitely was expecting a S6 return of Bachman in some form.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Hot dog. Not hot dog.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post