SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Christmas Story Movie - "A Christmas Story Christmas" 2022
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Christmas Story Movie - "A Christmas Story Christmas" 2022 Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
This could be good... Smile "I triple dog dare you!!"

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3929 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Is this with ALL of the grown up child actors from the original?

Posts: 11173 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. For sure.

Posts: 674 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
To save others the trouble of hunting it down: This will be on HBO Max.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun, I'm in!

A Christmas Story of the must-see movies in my Christmas movie rotation for sure.

So I guess this looks like it's set in the mid-1970's? The original was set around 1945-1950 IIRC

Is that the original mother? Does not look like her.

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Looks good

I'm glad they didn't try and do a re-make

Posts: 5346 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Too bad it’s HBO

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Looks like fun, I'm in!

A Christmas Story of the must-see movies in my Christmas movie rotation for sure.

So I guess this looks like it's set in the mid-1970's? The original was set around 1945-1950 IIRC

Is that the original mother? Does not look like her.

The original mother was played by Melinda Dillon who is well into her 80’s. The mom in this one is played by Julie Hagerty from Airplane fame.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a try, but without Jean Shepherd to write and narrate it, I have my doubts.

Shepherd was one of the best, and it will be hard for anyone to come up to his mark.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Shepherd's style was distinct and shouldn't be hard to emulate by sharp writers. With the other pieces established and in place, could be pretty seamless.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8357 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a shot. I still enjoy the original.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I don't have HBO, so I'll be relying on you guys for a review.

Posts: 5766 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What a snooze fest. I'm halfway through, will carry on and hope it gets better

Posts: 5346 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It was just ok to me. They tried to use the same format from an adult perspective.

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post